none
PSHost and PSHostRawUserInterface - Display output from a native application run from PowerShell

Question

• Hi All,

I am implementing a custom PowerShell Host using PSHost and PSHostRawUserInterface.  When the user runs a native command-line application from inside Powershell, e.g. Python.exe, I want to be able to capture the input and output of that so that I can display it in my custom command prompt UX.  I have implemented NotifyBeginApplication and NotifyEndApplication, but these functions do not have any parameters I can use to redirect the input/output from the command line application.

I am pretty sure there is a way to implement this, but it's not too clear what that is.  Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

• Moved by jrv Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:04 AM Wrong forum
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 12:25 AM

All replies

• Yu will need to post in a developer forum for your issue.  This forum does not support compiled applications or issues;

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:03 AM
  • Hi bragac2,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>>I am implementing a custom PowerShell Host using PSHost and PSHostRawUserInterface.

Could you please share more detail information about your application? Like the project type or others, it will help us to analysis your issue, thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 28, 2017 3:15 AM