Is my system compatible for silverlight? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im using silverlight for the BT sport online service and works on every other device apart from mine, Does anything look like it wont work?

windows 10 x64

Asus P8Z68-V PRO

core i7 2600K

16 GB DDR3-667

250GB Samsung SSD

AMD Radeon HD7700 Series Graphics Card

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 10:01 AM

Answers

• Hi ClassicD,

If the Silverlight video that I provided before, it means the Silverlight installation is correct on your computer. There may be something wrong with BT Sport. I suggest you contact BT Sport to report this issue.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

• Marked as answer by Weiwei Cai Wednesday, August 12, 2015 9:46 AM
    Friday, August 7, 2015 1:49 AM

All replies

• You have latest version of software installed and i hope this is not the issue. share the exact error you arr getting while browsing the website, if possible screenshot and more details.

Thanks & Regards
    Syed Amjad Sr. Silverlight/WPF Developer,
    yahoo : syedamjad6736@yahoo.com, skype : syedamjad.0786.
    Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 11:09 AM
  • Hi Syed,

The error from BT sport tells me that Silverlight is not installed porperly? It works fine on all my other devices.

Does silverlight work ok with graphics cards and/or Intel HD graphics installed at same time.

Thanks

ClassicD

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 11:38 AM
  • The one thing you haven't mentioned there is the browser you are using.

Silverlight doesn't work in the Edge browser.

You're supposed to use ie11 for Silverlight pages.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 7:04 PM
  • Hi,

yes havent used edge it doesnt support add-on so been using firefox 39 and IE 11?

it works on all my other PCs?

thanks

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 8:19 PM
  • Hi ClassicD,

>>The error from BT sport tells me that Silverlight is not installed porperly
    Please try uninstall and re-install Silverlight with below support page which guide us how to clean a corrupted Silverlight installation and then reinstall Silverlight.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2608523

After reinstalling Silverlight, please open following link to verify whether it works in your IE11 and Firefox. In this page, please play the video on the right side which uses Silverlight. If any question, please feel free to let us know.
    https://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/iis-smooth-streaming/

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, August 6, 2015 5:19 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks.

I followed your instructions and went to the site you mentioned and all worked well, so this suggests that silverlight is working fine.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 8:19 PM
  • Hi ClassicD,

If the Silverlight video that I provided before, it means the Silverlight installation is correct on your computer. There may be something wrong with BT Sport. I suggest you contact BT Sport to report this issue.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

• Marked as answer by Weiwei Cai Wednesday, August 12, 2015 9:46 AM
    Friday, August 7, 2015 1:49 AM