ASDK Admin portal and user portal KO RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After I had a freeze on the HOST...the date was 15sept2017...I saw it on 1oct2017, I had no other choice than rebooting the host.

After one hour, the platform was partially working again.

- App Service Plan worker roles where not working anymore. I tried a repair from the CN01-VM vm, but it seems updates where too big...so it was still not forking after more than 4hours

- I sow that there were new Windows 2016 images (patched in august) from the Azure Stack Market place. I tried to download them, in addition of other templates (Ubuntu, Docker)

- This morning, the Admin Portal and user portal were not working anymore. I found the AzS-Gw01 was stopped, the AzS-AC01 was stopped too. I restarted them...Idem for AzS-WASP01 and AzS-WAS01...but it changed nothing.

In the EventViewer I have the following errors:

Critical - Event ID 1146  - FailoverClustering - The cluster Resource Hosting Subsystem (RHS) process was terminated and will be restarted. This is typically associated with cluster health detection and recovery of a resource. Refer to the System event log to determine which resource and resource DLL is causing the issue.

Error - Event ID 1069 - FailoverClustering -Cluster resource 'Virtual Machine 1b1a9388-41c2-4709-a073-3ad70f874b92' of type 'Virtual Machine' in clustered role '1b1a9388-41c2-4709-a073-3ad70f874b92' failed.
    Based on the failure policies for the resource and role, the cluster service may try to bring the resource online on this node or move the group to another node of the cluster and then restart it.  Check the resource and group state using Failover Cluster Manager or the Get-ClusterResource Windows PowerShell cmdlet.

Error - Event ID 1205 - FailoverClustering -The Cluster service failed to bring clustered role '1b1a9388-41c2-4709-a073-3ad70f874b92' completely online or offline. One or more resources may be in a failed state. This may impact the availability of the clustered role.

Error - Event ID 1069 - FailoverClustering - Cluster resource 'Virtual Machine AzS-WASP01' of type 'Virtual Machine' in clustered role 'dae05579-c1cb-4572-9382-6f5744fd8564' failed.

Error - Event ID 1004 -SoftwareLoadBalancer-HostPlugin - Failure while connecting to SLBM: socket_error: WSAConnect error code = 10061

Based on the failure policies for the resource and role, the cluster service may try to bring the resource online on this node or move the group to another node of the cluster and then restart it.  Check the resource and group state using Failover Cluster Manager or the Get-ClusterResource Windows PowerShell cmdlet.

the AzS-SLB01 ...but after the stop, my Hyper-V Manager is very slow,not working anymore...it show "Loading virtual machines..." indefinitively. The Host is using only 8% CPU consumption..

No choice than reboot again now...

Any chance to fix it without reinstall the whole platform ?

• Edited by Daniel TIZON Monday, October 2, 2017 12:31 PM CN01-VM instead of NC01
    Monday, October 2, 2017 9:01 AM

Answers

• Hello,

This is known issue that occurs in select environments that has been fixed in the latest build of the ASDK to be released very soon.  - At this time, the only mitigation I know of is to redeploy.

I strongly suggest postponing your next ASDK deployment until the next release of ADK become available.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Gary Gallanes

Monday, October 2, 2017 5:24 PM

All replies

• After a reboot of the HOST, Portals worked again, but most of downloads from the store failed. I tried to do a new download of the Windows 2016 Datacenter image,...but after a couple of hours,...the portal is broken again...

Any chance to fix it without reinstall the whole platform ?

Monday, October 2, 2017 12:45 PM
  • Hello,

This is known issue that occurs in select environments that has been fixed in the latest build of the ASDK to be released very soon.  - At this time, the only mitigation I know of is to redeploy.

I strongly suggest postponing your next ASDK deployment until the next release of ADK become available.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Gary Gallanes

Monday, October 2, 2017 5:24 PM
  • Hi Gary,

thank you for your answer.

Bad timing for me,...It's a pity,...I have an article on Azure Stack to write before the 10.10...working on it...so I guess I won't have access to this new ASDK before this date, correct ?

feel-free to send-me a private mail...if there is a way.

(I'm under NDA...you can check my record)

Best regards,

Daniel
    xxxxxxx@outlook.com

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:41 AM
  • Daniel,

I replied to your email.

Also, you can 'workaround' the 'Marketplace syndication failing to download 'Windows Server Image' by manually adding the 'default VM image' via PowerShell.  See Add the image by using PowerShell

the new release becomes available. (very soon) – Stay Tuned

Thanks,

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, October 5, 2017 9:39 PM
  • Thanks Gary.

I've just seen the new availability of the new ASDK :)

Daniel 

Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:35 PM