none
Abstract Data Type (Concept) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello, everybody :-)

Recently, I've decided to give a deep dive into ADTs concept in order to get a better undertanding of it and, thus, construct more "perfect" classes.

Here're my thoughts on this subject:

- ADTs help developers to implement the idea of dealing with high-level abstraction. 

- ADTs are encapsulated data + interface. Thus, ADTs implement the idea of data abstraction by encasulating data and, therefore, they give developers an opportunity to think in terms of interface only.

MAIN QUESTION:

Class is one of the ways to implement ADT. Class just adds more concepts to ADT (polymorphism, inheritance). Is it the right point of view??

Thanks in advance.

Monday, January 20, 2014 4:41 PM

All replies

• Igor,

I don't know what Abstract Date Type (ADT) is but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with customizing and programming Microsoft Project, and that is the sole focus of this forum. I suggest you delete this post and find a more appropriate forum.

John

Monday, January 20, 2014 4:58 PM
  • Hi Igor,

This is a forum about Project Server concerns (microsoft server scheduling solution). I'd advice to post your question on an appropriate forum in order to have a correct answer.

Cheers.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Monday, January 20, 2014 4:59 PM