Windows Catalog API or Similar RRS feed

• Question

• I have a very specific use case that I though I may be able to solve with Windows Update API or potentially the WSUS API, the former has not come to fruition, and the latter is a bit harder to get my hands on. The overall problem is that we need meta-data about all available Updates from Microsoft. Meta data here would include things like: title, KB Article identifier, summary, related CVEs, links to downloads, applicable Microsoft Security Bulletin Identifiers, etc.

At first glance, the Windows Update API appears to be what I'm looking for, the problem is that it limits all the results to the patches applicable to current system (whereas I need all patches, even those not applicable to this system). I know there is an API for the WSUS application which seems more relevant to the particular problem given that it is capable of querying information about patches not relevant to the current system; however, the client application that I produce would then need to be run on Windows Server or some other Windows OS capable of running WSUS (this is a negative side-effect though I'm not totally opposed to the idea just yet).

I recently discovered the Windows Catalog (catalog.update.microsoft.com) and was wondering if there is an API for the catalog, or someway I can download the entire contents of it's patch/update repository in some meaningful way that I can pull the relevant information out?

Any help here is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Austin

Thursday, March 3, 2016 3:11 PM

All replies

• I would love an API for this catalog as well!
    Friday, June 16, 2017 8:59 PM
  • Hi. Did you ever find a solution for this? I am looking for the same.
    Thursday, July 9, 2020 9:17 PM