none
How to bind Generic.List(Of Obj) collection to a Table control RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have a local WinForms report with various controls that are bound to some Business Objects using BindingSource and that works OK. What I need to do now is bind a collection object (called Claims) that is System.Collections.Generic.List(Of Claim) to a Table control but I'm not sure how to go about it.

In the Report Data Sources I added the Claim
    and that allowed me to see that objects properties and drag them to the Table (body) cells but how do I bind the actual collection to the control? How does that come into the picture?

Currently I get the following error, that doesn't surprise me at this time:
    The table ‘tblClaimsSummary’ is in a list that has no group expressions defined for it.  To use a data region in a list, the list must have group expressions.

Thanks,
         Michael

P.S. If there's a simple example illustrating how that is done that would be fantastic.
    Monday, February 18, 2008 3:41 PM

All replies

• HI Michael,

I have this same question.  Did you ever find an answer to your question?  I have a report with several ReportViewer tables and one Business Object.  I need to know how to bind the tow ReportViewer tables to the Business Object.  It just is not obvious how to do this to me.  Thanks, Joe

Sunday, December 18, 2011 6:44 AM