Problem while Running the Metro App in the TAB.

Question

• Hello,

I created a Date Picker Metro App. Simple code(Single component only) I tried in the Windows 8 system.it is working fine with some errors(

Exception was thrown at line 628, column 21 in ms-appx://microsoft.winjs.0.6.debug-8wekyb3d8bbwe/js/base.js

0x80073b1f - JavaScript runtime error: ResourceMap Not Found.

)

But is running fine. I created the package and installed in the TAB , when I tried to run in the TAB it got successfully installed by while running it is not displaying anything...

Monday, February 27, 2012 5:03 AM

Answers

• You cannot install Metro style applications on this device using the Developer Preview.  That is why you are having problems!

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:59 PM

All replies

•  I don't know what the TAB is.  Could you expand on that?

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, February 27, 2012 2:42 PM
  • TABLET...like Samsung galaxy TAB.
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:49 AM
  • You cannot install Metro style applications on this device using the Developer Preview.  That is why you are having problems!

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:59 PM
  • But in windows compatible TABLETS we can install and Run the program.
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 8:50 AM
  • Absolutely.  However the Samsung Galaxy Tab you mentioned is not a Windows tablet and it runs Android OS.  If you are having trouble installing to another Windows 8 Device you need to ensure you are creating a local app package from your dev machine and then install that package.  Also do other metro apps work on that other Windows 8 machine?

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, March 8, 2012 12:23 PM