none
Try do change the predefined View and table in the global file RRS feed

• Question

• When you open MSP Pro you could try differents Tables/Views. I found the way to remove some default view from the menu. But every time I re-open the global file (or any other projects), everything comes back...

Any idea’s to set this permanent?

Thanks a lot!

ManPid

• Edited by PWAdmin Friday, January 6, 2012 8:00 PM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 7:33 PM

All replies

• Hi ManPid,

maybe you can insert a little macro on Project_Open event in enterprise global template.

You can use the ViewApply method in order to open your default view and DefaultView in order to set Default view

I hope this can helps you,

best regards

Paolo O.

• Edited by Paolo Olocco Saturday, January 7, 2012 11:08 AM update
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 11:02 AM
  • Hi Paolo,

Maybe their is another solution. The option the remove table form the menu exist but won't work...

SO do I miss something?

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:08 PM
  • Hi PWAdmin,

I had check this :http://www.projectserversupport.com/2010/global-mpt.htm.

When you change something on tables/views you should work on global.mpt file in your machine and not on Enterprise Global template. So, you must change tables/views definition on this file as that blog said.

Can be this your case?

I hope this can helps you,

Best Regards

Paolo O.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:17 PM
  • You don't make it clear whether or not you are using Project Server, so I'm assuming not. When you edit a table, View, FIlter etc. you work with a copy in the active project. The Global version is not affected. You need to use the Organizer to delete the original view in the Global.mpt file then copy the local version to the Global file.

It's similar if you are using Project Server. Get your Views and tables etc correct in a project file, open the ENterprise global then copy across. Never format files with the Enterprise Global open, it often creates a mess!

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:23 PM
  • Hi Rod,

Sorry, Yes I use Project server 2010. I understand now to never change the enteprise global file. When I add a view/table I always change a projet and save it to the Global file.

Now, to hide table from the menu (like I try to do in my print screen). Did I need to do it in a project? How to apply that to the Global file?

Thanks a lot!!!

PWAdmin
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:38 PM