none
After MSDN account migration to Visual Studio site how do I find my previous subscriber id? RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I login to MSDN Subscriber site and when looking at my subscriptions (I have more than one to distribute to team) it says they are migrated to Visual Studio website. When I login to VS site; I don't see Subscriber ID associated with my MSDN account. It has new subscription ID GUID.

How do I find out which of my previous account was migrated to new one? 

V

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 8:56 PM

Answers

• Sorry for the support experience.

Please contact support by opening a support request here: https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/support/

You should be able to see your Visual Studio subscription if you are using the same email address with which you logged into MSDN subscription. 

Thanks,

Sowmya

Sowmya MSDN Subscription Feedback

Friday, November 4, 2016 12:01 AM

All replies

• Recently I login to MSDN Subscriber site and when looking at my subscriptions (I have more than one to distribute to team) it says they are migrated to Visual Studio website. When I login to VS site; I don't see Subscriber ID associated with my MSDN account. It has new subscription ID GUID.

How do I find out which of my previous account was migrated to new one? 

V

Dear Vishant,

If you have more than one subscription associated to your Microsoft account and in order to deploy to your individual team member you have to contact the MSDN customer support / VLSC administrator to assign the Subscription to your individual team member.

Because "If your Visual Studio Subscription has recently been migrated from the legacy MSDN Subscriptions portal, and you are unable to find your subscription here, please ensure you are using the same sign-in credentials that you were using to sign-in to the legacy MSDN portal. "

Please do post the screenshot to help you further.

Thanks
    prathaprabhu

Microsoft Partner, Most Valuable Professional (MVP) and Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC)

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 11:31 PM
  • I'm having a similar problem. My subscription on the legacy portal is shown with a status of Migrated. Yet when I log into the new portal (using the same login credentials) I don't have a subscription associated with my account. And there is no way to add it. However, on the legacy site I can still access my subscriber benefits and downloads. My concern is that since the legacy site is going away I will lose all access to my benefits since the migration was obviously a complete failure and MS doesn't seem to be able to do anything about it (I got a very unhelpful response when I put in a support ticket). No one seems to be able to do anything about this. How can this be fixed? This is really a poor customer experience.
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016 6:54 PM
  • I'm having a similar problem. My subscription on the legacy portal is shown with a status of Migrated. Yet when I log into the new portal (using the same login credentials) I don't have a subscription associated with my account. And there is no way to add it. However, on the legacy site I can still access my subscriber benefits and downloads. My concern is that since the legacy site is going away I will lose all access to my benefits since the migration was obviously a complete failure and MS doesn't seem to be able to do anything about it (I got a very unhelpful response when I put in a support ticket). No one seems to be able to do anything about this. How can this be fixed? This is really a poor customer experience.

Dear eicastic1,

I can understand your situation, can you please try to Join the Visual Studio Dev Essentials program and please clear the Internet cache and history close your browser and try again in Internet Explorer. If you still can't see your Subscription please contact the Visual Studio Subscription Online Chat support and explain them the situation.

Please do let me know their reply, i will try to help you further.

Thanks
    prathaprabhu

Microsoft Partner, Most Valuable Professional (MVP) and Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC)

Thursday, October 27, 2016 3:25 AM
  • Their initial reply was to try with a different browser, in private mode, deleting cookies/cache/etc. That didn't work. They actually suggested I try from another network--kinda crazy as I had no problem accessing benefits in the past from any network and with any main browser. It would be absurd if the site couldn't be used from the same networks as the old site.

The latest email was to go to the site and try to login with a different account (the one with the same email as in the welcome letter). Of course I don't have an account with that email. And on the legacy site my subscription is tied to my MS Account.

I haven't received a response from Support on my ticket yet regarding this after telling them their steps they outlines didn't work (different browser, different network, signing in with same email as on welcome letter--since there is no account I can't sign in like that and am using original credentials from legacy portal)

The actual portal site is of no help either...this is what I see when I go to Downloads...and I am logging in with the same credentials that I use on the legacy portal:

Thursday, October 27, 2016 4:03 PM
  • If you have Their initial reply was to try with a different browser, in private mode, deleting cookies/cache/etc. That didn't work. They actually suggested I try from another network--kinda crazy as I had no problem accessing benefits in the past from any network and with any main browser. It would be absurd if the site couldn't be used from the same networks as the old site.

The latest email was to go to the site and try to login with a different account (the one with the same email as in the welcome letter). Of course I don't have an account with that email. And on the legacy site my subscription is tied to my MS Account.

I haven't received a response from Support on my ticket yet regarding this after telling them their steps they outlines didn't work (different browser, different network, signing in with same email as on welcome letter--since there is no account I can't sign in like that and am using original credentials from legacy portal)

The actual portal site is of no help either...this is what I see when I go to Downloads...and I am logging in with the same credentials that I use on the legacy portal:

You can contact the Visual Studio Subscription Chat support regarding the above situation. 

Thursday, October 27, 2016 4:50 PM
  • Sorry for the support experience.

Please contact support by opening a support request here: https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/support/

You should be able to see your Visual Studio subscription if you are using the same email address with which you logged into MSDN subscription. 

Thanks,

Sowmya

Sowmya MSDN Subscription Feedback

Friday, November 4, 2016 12:01 AM
  • I've lost my subscription in the migration also.  

Complicating matters is that my subscription was under a (personal) account I had setup using my previous employer's domain but since I no longer work there emails to that address wont get to me.   I tried changing my preferred email address in the new portal and get the confirmation email but after clicking on the provided link I just get a vague failure error.

Monday, January 30, 2017 12:35 AM
  • I've lost my subscription in the migration also.  

Complicating matters is that my subscription was under a (personal) account I had setup using my previous employer's domain but since I no longer work there emails to that address wont get to me.   I tried changing my preferred email address in the new portal and get the confirmation email but after clicking on the provided link I just get a vague failure error.

Dear Ian,

I would appreciate if you could post the screenshots of the steps you have followed and can you please contact the Visual Studio support and your subscription email id changed.

https://www.visualstudio.com/subscriptions/support/

Thanks
    prathaprabhu

I am a Microsoft Partner, MVP and MCC and I want to become Microsoft CEO.

Monday, January 30, 2017 10:44 PM
  • I've gone through the exact same thing and since I'm bored I've decided this is going to be my part time job until Microsoft fixes it.  I've got a video of me logging out with cached credentials and sometimes getting access to my MSDN subscription- along with SOMETIMES having a different e-mail alias show up.  I've followed their instructions so far, but no successful resolution.  I agree it is terrible support.  

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i749Xlbpfdo
    Here's my blog post on the whole travesty of customer service:  http://techgila.com/terrible-support-msdn-migrations/

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:25 PM
  • Good luck! An extra step for me was they told me I could only use the e-mail associated the original MSDN subscription.  They had me remove all aliases and yet when I sign in with the same credentials, sometimes I'm logging in and have access, sometimes not.  Sometimes it shows my name and sometimes it shows the old e-mail alias which I had removed.  It's pretty obvious they had some migration issues and even now some authorization issues.

Here's a video with me signing in with the same credentials and getting different results:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i749Xlbpfdo

Here's a full story of my experience in trying to get this resolved.  
    http://techgila.com/terrible-support-msdn-migrations/

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:29 PM
  • Dear Craig,

Thanks for the videos and your valuable feedback. Can you please clear your Internet cookies and try login to your VSP Subscription.

Thanks
    prathaprabhu

I am a Microsoft Partner, MVP and MCC and I want to become Microsoft CEO.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 4:02 AM
  • I tried in chrome, it was giving above errors, I rarely use IE Edge, it gave old subscriptions digged out..thanks!

HydPhani

Monday, July 24, 2017 10:33 AM
  • I tried in chrome, it was giving above errors, I rarely use IE Edge, it gave old subscriptions digged out..thanks!

HydPhani

Dear HydTechie,

What is the error message you see.

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

If my reply is useful please mark it as answered as it help other users with the same query. I am a Microsoft Partner, MVP and MCC and I want to become One Day Microsoft CEO. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=msdnfeedback

Monday, July 24, 2017 11:33 AM
  • I have the same experience with my MSDN subscription after migration. I have followed the suggestions here, spoken with Microsoft support etc. - to no avail. 

I am working as a chief consultant. Since I started in the job, I have had an MSDN access through the company's volume license. My personal email was used for the subscription (it had been used before for similar subscriptions when I worked for previous employers), and it worked well.

I was given a "Visual Studio Enterprise with MSDN" license.

Before the migration everything went smoothly and without troubles.

However, now, when I login to the new Visual Studio Subscription area, I only see a "Visual Studio Dev Essentials" subscription. And I see no ways to add my existing Enterprise subscription to the new site. And yes, I DO use the same email as for the legacy MSDN subscription.

This problem has now persisted for several months, effectively meaning that for the price paid for a 1 year license, we actually only get less than 12 months access.

I hope that somebody from Microsoft will come up with a good explanation and a solution (that works) - at least a way to manually transfer the license from the old site to the new, if they can't do it automatically.

It is unacceptable that such expensive subscriptions should be crippled because of this kind of not-thought-through half-boiled ideas; instead of forcing changes through - just for the changes' sake, it would be nice if things could be tested sufficiently before migrating from a (quite satisfactory) system, to a new (flawed) system.

Can we get any progress in this?

Best regards

Friday, July 28, 2017 2:39 PM
  • Same problem here. This is really unethical. Paid product, no access.
    Thursday, August 24, 2017 3:30 AM
  • Same situation as myself, which I just encountered today.  I spent 2 hours on the phone with microsoft, and all they could tell me was that my subscription was expired -- which come to find out it wasn't.  I'm now in live chat.  Pretty ridiculous.
    • Proposed as answer by Datio Nguyen Wednesday, November 22, 2017 4:34 AM
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 7:30 PM
  • Same here, I lost all of my previous saved License keys (permanent key). I wondering if I can switch back to the old portal or access to my previous keys. 

I miss Bill Gate (__ __!)

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 4:34 AM
  • This happened to me as well.  I lost all of my previous MSDN benefits, any access to my keys, etc.  I talked to support and they can't seem to find any record of my account.  What happened??
    Monday, December 18, 2017 7:08 PM
  • It's the same for me. All my Keys are gone, no information at all...
    Saturday, January 6, 2018 5:54 AM
  • I have the same experience with my MSDN subscription after migration. I have followed the suggestions here, spoken with Microsoft support etc. - to no avail. 

I was given a "Visual Studio Enterprise with MSDN" license.

Before the migration everything went smoothly and without troubles.

However, now, when I login to the new Visual Studio Subscription area, I only see a "Visual Studio Dev Essentials" subscription. And I see no ways to add my existing Enterprise subscription to the new site. And yes, I DO use the same email as for the legacy MSDN subscription.

Exact same situation for me and many of our company; no access to our MSDN benefits anymore and all Microsoft repeats is cookies and browsers, are they really so clueless about their own services and capabilities?

Clearly something else is going on here that is affecting ALOT of legacy customers with no indication of any fix!!

Monday, January 15, 2018 2:00 PM
  • I had transferred my VS subscription to my outlook.com id sometime back and now it's gone..

This is really frustrating.. I have repeated the steps mentioned above in 2 different browsers and 2 different devices as well.. I'm not able to see my subscription. I'm not the only one here I suppose who lost their subscription.. Neither can login to the old portal.. Help me atleast login with the old portal, don't need the new buggy portal...

Saturday, January 27, 2018 8:27 AM