Problem running Obout HTMLEditor control on hosting server RRS feed

• Question

• User-525153276 posted

Hi,

I am testing the latest Obout HTMLEditor control (from the .NET 3.5+ suite) in a simple .NET 4.0 web application at http://www.myclubhouse.co.uk/Test/index.aspx hosted by a third party provider. It works locally but on the hosting server there are problems. It loads up fine but when I click on some of the toolbar buttons e.g. Insert/Edit Image, I get the following error message:

PopupHolder: can not load a popup on demand - Sys.WebForms is not found. Ensure that 'EnablePartialRendering' property of ScriptManager is set to 'true'.

Originally I also had this problem when I ran it locally but I was using a web.config file migrated from .NET 3.5. When I created a new .NET 4.0 web application in VS 2010 it worked fine. I transferred the web.config settings to my original application and this solved the problem there too.

It works when I run it locally, just not on the remote server (and I have ensured that 'EnablePartialRendering' property of ScriptManager is set to 'true'). Has anyone come across this problem with Obout controls before? Any solutions? I am thinking perhaps there is a setting on the server which needs to be changed. 

Many thanks,

Joanne

Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:04 AM

All replies

• User-718146471 posted

I would check if the hosting provider is running asp.net 4. If you got this problem on asp.net 3.5 then I may consider the host might not have configured the directory you use to support asp.net 4.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:18 PM