none
Project-Centered NuGet package manager?

Question

• I have a solution with lots of projects. I have just created a new project and I want to add to it several NuGet packages that already exist in the solution, to make it "just like that other project". Is there a feature in Visual Studio or some kind of plugin that wold allow to do it quickly?

I know two options, both of them bad. One is  "Manage NuGet Packages for solution". It is package centered, not project centered, so I have to choose packages one by one, scroll down the project list to see my project, and click "Install". After that for each package I am shown the license agreement, the welcome web page and a lot of other things I am not interested in: mind you, these packages are already in the solution, so I have previously agreed to the licensing terms and have seen the package web page.

I can right click "Manage NuGet packages" on the project, but it is not very helpful either: it does not display packages already installed in the solution, so I have to go to the Internet and download them again, at a risk of downloading a version that is different from the one I already have in the solution, thus creating a bunch of compatibility problems.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to quickly select a list of packages for the project from the packages already installed in the solution?

Sunday, December 18, 2016 11:28 PM

All replies

• Hi ikriv,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

As far as I know, there is no such function or extension to achieve your idea, only have the Manage NuGet Packages for Solution…, which can defect the installed packages among projects under the same solution.

I have already reported this suggestion to the Visual Studio Product Team, please have a look at this. You can vote it and some other have the same idea can also vote it, then we need to wait for the feedback from the VS Product Team engineers, thank you for your suggestion.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 19, 2016 6:41 AM