none
Performance Counters within Visual Studio (Online)

Question

• Hello all,

I'm currently running load tests against an environment that is hosted in Azure. And was wondering about how I can grab some performance counters against that environment within my Visual Studio so I can report against it. I don't use any controllers and agents (I don't think) as i'm running it against VSO as well. I may be utterly confused by all this. 

TL:DR - I need to look at CPU and Memory usage on my Azure environment, but don't know how to set this up.

Thursday, May 19, 2016 9:29 AM

Answers

• Hi JakeRoper,

As far as I know, the load test will grab some performance counters from the environment where running the test. According to your description, you are running your Test with VSO, which will collect the performance counters information for your VSO environment.

If you want to test your Azure environment which host your test application, please try assign the Location properties in Load Test Run Settings. But it just can assign the listed Azure location.

About detailed information that load test with Azure and VSO, please refer to following article. Hope that can help you.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dn818498.aspx

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Saturday, May 21, 2016 3:08 AM