none
COM Exception while opening a password protected Office 2013 powerpoint document RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing an issue while opening a password protected powerpoint 2013 document using below C# code.

pptPresentation = app.Presentations.Open(filePath, ReadOnly: MsoTriState.msoFalse, Untitled: MsoTriState.msoFalse, WithWindow: MsoTriState.msoFalse);

It throw a COM Exception error as "Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.". The error code is -2147467259.

Can anyone please help me on this.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, we can't open a password protected presentation. You can get more detail from link below:

Presentations.Open

If you want Office to support this feature in further version, I suggest you submiting the feedback from link below:
    Submit Feedback

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 10:57 AM

All replies

• Hello,

What value do you pass to the Open method (filePath)?

Also I'd recommend breaking the chain of calls and declaring them on separate lines. Thus, you will be able find the exact property or method call which fires the exception. Is it the Open method or the Presentations property?

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 3:39 PM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, we can't open a password protected presentation. You can get more detail from link below:

Presentations.Open

If you want Office to support this feature in further version, I suggest you submiting the feedback from link below:
    Submit Feedback

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 10:57 AM