none
Why the Flat.aspx view for my discussion board is missing links such as Edit,Delete,Approve/Reject RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a sharepoint enterprise server 2013 (on-premise), and i added a discussion board list, and i defined the following settings :-

1. content requires approval

2. only approvers and the creator can see pending items

3. users can edit all items

now when i create a new discussion item its approval status will be pending, but at the same time when i access the new discussion item inside its flat.aspx view, i can not find any approve/reject link , as follow:-

also if another users access the same flat.aspx view he/she will not see the Edit/delete link:-

while when we access the discussion items from the management.aspx view i can see the approve/reject link as follow:-

and the other user can see the Edit/Delete link:-

so i am not sure why the flat.aspx is not showing links correctly as in the managemt.aspx view case?

Second problem. Inside the flat.aspx view users can not see the status of the current discussion item,, so it will be impossible to know if the current discussion item is pending,approved or rejected...

So can anyone advice on these points please?

Thanks

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 5:27 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

As I understand, this is by design.

Management View will be a view which make user moderate the board replies with all the actions like edit/delete/approve/reject.

While the Flat View will mainly make the user post or edit their replies more easily, it will not add additional action like approve/reject in the menu, not used for manage the item, it is different with Management View.

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:21 AM
  • Hi John,

As I understand, this is by design.

Management View will be a view which make user moderate the board replies with all the actions like edit/delete/approve/reject.

While the Flat View will mainly make the user post or edit their replies more easily, it will not add additional action like approve/reject in the menu, not used for manage the item, it is different with Management View.

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Ok but the current situation is miss-leading to our customers, and they have reported this issue to us, also i do understand their concerns,, let take this scenario as an example:-

1) Let say UserA add a new discussion item

2) now based on the versioning setting i have, other users (non-approver users) will not be able to see pending items.

3) at the same time the creator (UserA) and approver users will not be able to know which discussion items need approval so other users will be able to read.

4) as the approve/reject link is missing inside the flat.aspx view  + the current status of the discussion item is not visible.

now i am trying to get this inside the current flat.aspx view:-

1. if there is a way using javascript or jslink to add the approve/reject link inside the flat.aspx, same as in the management.aspx view ?

2. can i show the item status inside the Subject view,, as currently the subject view will show these info ; number of replies, number of likes, title, created by , etc.. but it will not show the discussion status when i enable (Require content approval)..

so is there a way to implement the above 2 points , so our customer will be less confused?

Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:09 AM