Filter a List for data from the Previous Month RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have audit data for each month of the year.  At the beginning of one month I pull a report from the previous month.  I would like to have a view in my SharePoint list that shows only the data from the previous month.

I am not a programmer or developer, so I was wondering if this is possible without out of the box tools.

Here is what I have done so far:

Created two calculated columns to find the start and end date of the previous month

Previous Month Start =DATE(YEAR([Date of Review]),MONTH([Date of Review])-1,1)

Previous Month End   =DATE(YEAR([Date of Review]),MONTH([Date of Review]),0)

I have verified these two calculations do show the correct dates. 

So I can generate the dates, but I don't know how to set up a view filter that will show only data from the previous month. 

Please help.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 3:46 PM

Answers

• What you need is the calculated column to display the start and the end of the next month, not the previous month. Then you can do a view filter where Start<Today & End>Today.

EX: If you have a document with date 15-03-2014, you need to save the dates 01-04-2014(start) and 30-04-2014(End).

Then If Start < [Today] and End > [Today], you can show the document

Thursday, June 5, 2014 4:28 PM

All replies

• What you need is the calculated column to display the start and the end of the next month, not the previous month. Then you can do a view filter where Start<Today & End>Today.

EX: If you have a document with date 15-03-2014, you need to save the dates 01-04-2014(start) and 30-04-2014(End).

Then If Start < [Today] and End > [Today], you can show the document

Thursday, June 5, 2014 4:28 PM
  • this solution is for month in which is [today]. but how comparing with date for example from previous month?
    Tuesday, September 11, 2018 11:33 AM