none
Exchnage 2010 OWA logon statistics RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have an exchange 2010 and publish the OWA to internet by TMG2010. We want to collect the OWA logon statistics like  "How many user login OWA and their login frequency”. The Get-LogonStatistics only can collect the real-time record, but we want to collect on weekly or month record. So We tried to use the log parser to query the IIS log to generate the record.

However, these record are not accurate. It is because login once time not only have one record, and every time is not the same. So, when we use the “cs-uri-stem” to filter those %/OWA% record,  all different records will be count. And we also using TMG to publish OWA to internet, we cannot found which uri can used for the counting. For example, for those login by TMG, it don’t have “owa/auth/logon.aspx” record

Here is the sample for user login internal:
    /owa/auth/logon.aspx
    /owa/14.1.218.13/themes/resources/owafont_zh_cht.css
    /owa/logoff.aspx

Here is sample for user login external through TMG:
    /owa/forms/basic/BasicMessageView.aspx
    /owa/forms/basic/BasicClientStrings.aspx

There are no specific record represent the exact OWA login. How can we collect the correct statistics? Any script can used to collect these record?

Thanks

Andy

• Edited by Chongtsz Monday, June 30, 2014 4:42 AM
    Monday, June 30, 2014 4:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Chong

Here you go 

Get-Counter "\MSExchange OWA\Current Unique Users" -ComputerName <CAS Server>

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com

Thursday, July 3, 2014 7:50 AM
  • Hi Sathish

Thanks for your reply. But this command only can collect the current connecting users. I want to collect the history data such as last month.

Best Regards

Andy Chong

Thursday, July 3, 2014 9:40 AM