Sharepoint rating control not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have 2 scenarios :

1. A Enterprise wiki with Rating enabled. In this case whenever any user (even system account) submits a rating, they do not get processed. Both User Profile jobs (Social Data Maintenance and Social Rating Synchronization processing jobs are running just fine).

2. Team Sites Document Library: In this case whenever any user except the system account submits a rating, they do not get processed. When submitting rating by a System Account, they do get processed.

Any idea?

RRS

Monday, February 27, 2012 8:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

does the user have access to the my profile. The Profile database is the place where ratings are store by the timer job. Go to the following Service Application "User Profile Service Application" and then to User Permissions and check if "All authenticated user" have permissions to use social features.

It seams that the user don't have permissions to use social feature when it work with the system Account

Kind regards
    Stefan

http://www.n8d.at/blog
    Follow me on Twitter: StFBauer | n8design

Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    MCTS - SharePoint / WSS Configuration and Development

• Marked as answer by srituraj Monday, February 27, 2012 9:08 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 8:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

does the user have access to the my profile. The Profile database is the place where ratings are store by the timer job. Go to the following Service Application "User Profile Service Application" and then to User Permissions and check if "All authenticated user" have permissions to use social features.

It seams that the user don't have permissions to use social feature when it work with the system Account

Kind regards
    Stefan

http://www.n8d.at/blog
    Follow me on Twitter: StFBauer | n8design

Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    MCTS - SharePoint / WSS Configuration and Development

• Marked as answer by srituraj Monday, February 27, 2012 9:08 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 8:24 PM
  • Thanks Stefan. Looks like that did the trick.

RRS

Monday, February 27, 2012 9:08 PM
  • Thanks Stefan, worked for me too

-JH

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:19 PM
  • Hello Stefan,

I am kind of new with SP2010. How do you "map" the permissions to the Authenticated users? (like usr personal features , create prsonal site and use social features). Also I get "Domain user is required" but I only have full control for permissions. Maybe this is something else, as I see Permissions not Connection permission as on my screenshot, but I just can not find the place that gives the screeen above.

THanks for the help.

Regards, Robert Sagi

Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:46 PM
  • Man I have found it after a min I have posted this... Ignore pls.

Thanks!

Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:53 PM