none
IIS 6.0 OLEDB Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have an ASP.NET application on a IIS 6.0 on an Windows 2003 server SP 2.

From the site u can create data who will be written to Excel sheet using an oleDBConnection, this is from code behind.

The problem is that when data written to the Excel is more than 672Kb then there is nothing in the Excel sheet. It is created and there is Column headers but no row. There are no problems long as the size is below 672Kb.

I have testet and testet tryed  many combinations... I can upload files much bigger than that, but when it coms to the OLEDB and The excel sheet, nothing is happening...

Anybody who have any ideas what to do here or any who have had the same problems?

Regards /K

Friday, December 10, 2010 12:42 PM

Answers

• I have solved the problem...

Isolated Storage was the problem... When xlsx documents reach a certain size it had to be comapacted... And that operation happens under the Default user and when the IIS user doesn't have the rights to this area there is and error... But when u use OLEDB.ACE there is no error message just an empty sheet...

After granting the IIS user modify rights to this area there is no problem any longer.

• Marked as answer by KgN Friday, February 11, 2011 10:00 AM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 10:00 AM

All replies

• i hope this points you in the right direction,

it might have to do with SessionState of the web.config file.

do a search for sessionstate mode inproc, sessionstate, etc.

• Proposed as answer by liurong luo Friday, December 17, 2010 10:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by liurong luo Monday, December 20, 2010 10:03 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by KgN Monday, December 20, 2010 7:28 PM
    Friday, December 10, 2010 3:50 PM
  • Hello KgN,

Thanks for your thread.

Please try to generate a small project to reproduce the issue and send it to my email: v-roaluoATmicrosoftDOTcom. I'll try my best to help you out.

Thanks a lot!

Roahn Luo [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, December 17, 2010 10:26 AM
  • I have solved the problem...

Isolated Storage was the problem... When xlsx documents reach a certain size it had to be comapacted... And that operation happens under the Default user and when the IIS user doesn't have the rights to this area there is and error... But when u use OLEDB.ACE there is no error message just an empty sheet...

After granting the IIS user modify rights to this area there is no problem any longer.

• Marked as answer by KgN Friday, February 11, 2011 10:00 AM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 10:00 AM
  • Hi KgN,

I am Facing the same problem but i do not which one is default user.also even when i grant IUSER the modify permission its not working. Can i know how yoy have solved it and which one is default user...........

Its urgent

Thanks.....

Monday, May 16, 2011 7:50 AM
  •  

Go to C:\Documents and settings -> Default User right click and then properties.

Under the security tab I added the IIS_WPG group and granted the needed rights for the user.

Hope it helps u....

Monday, May 16, 2011 8:13 AM
  • Hi KgN

Thanks a lot.....

Monday, May 16, 2011 8:27 AM