Mobile Services insert into Blob now crashes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have three Windows 8 apps that reporting the same error that started about 25 September 2013.

The error is from a script insert under Mobile services that inserts an image into a blob.

This code has not been changed for the last six months. So something must have changed on Azure?

Error

An unhandled exception occurred. Error: One of your scripts caused the service to become unresponsive and the service was restarted. This is commonly caused by a script executing an infinite loop or a long, blocking operation. The service was restarted after the script continuously executed for longer than 1000 milliseconds. at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (C:\DWASFiles\Sites\ForGiveMe\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\runtime\server.js:84:17) at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:88:20)

please can someone help?

• Edited by Andy Sid Saturday, October 5, 2013 12:30 AM
    Saturday, October 5, 2013 12:28 AM

Answers

• There is a known issue with a timeout occurring, and the Ops team is working on a resolution now.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by Andy Sid Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:50 PM
    Monday, October 7, 2013 9:16 PM

All replies

• There is a known issue with a timeout occurring, and the Ops team is working on a resolution now.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by Andy Sid Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:50 PM
    Monday, October 7, 2013 9:16 PM
  • Thanks Matt

I brought a support package from Azure and submitted a ticket, so hopefully this will be resolved soon as all my Apps are affected.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 3:33 AM
  • Andy,

The fix is rolling out now in production, and I see that your app has received the update. You shouldn't see this issue anymore as of this morning. Can you please verify?

Mathew Charles [MSFT]

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 5:08 PM
  • Hi Matt

Still crashes but with new error below?

<label>Error</label>
    ReferenceError: azure is not defined
        at createAccessPolicy (</table/Picture.insert.js>:79:26)
        at </table/Picture.insert.js>:23:38
        at C:\DWASFiles\Sites\ForGiveMe\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\node_modules\azure\lib\services\blob\blobservice.js:337:5
        at C:\DWASFiles\Sites\ForGiveMe\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\node_modules\azure\lib\services\blob\blobservice.js:302:7
        at C:\DWASFiles\Sites\ForGiveMe\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\node_modules\azure\lib\services\core\serviceclient.js:538:11
        at C:\DWASFiles\Sites\ForGiveMe\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\node_modules\azure\lib\services\blob\blobservice.js:305:5
        at Request._callback (C:\DWASFiles\Sites\ForGiveMe\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\node_modules\azure\lib\services\core\serviceclient.js:206:9)
        at Request.callback (C:\DWASFiles\Sites\ForGiveMe\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\node_modules\azure\node_modules\request\main.js:122:22)
        at Request.<anonymous> (native)
        at Request.emit (events.js:70:17)

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:45 PM
  • Hi Matt

The issue is fixed on one of my Apps, so ignore my last post I had made small change in my script.

The other Apps / mobile service still have the original issue, I guess it will roll out eventually?

Thank you

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:12 PM
  • Yes, your other services should receive the update very soon. I see 4 other services for your the same subscription the above app is under that have already received the update. If there are any other particular services that you're having problems with now, please provide me their names and I could check on them.

Mathew Charles [MSFT]

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:30 PM
  • Hi

All going now, thank you for great support.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:49 PM