none
Show Project Details Link on Approval Content Type RRS feed

• Question

• When I have an approval task in Workflow Approvals, and I select "Edit Item" and the content type loads, there is an option to "Review Project Details."  When I hover over the link I can see it's pointing to http://<servername>/PWA/_layouts/pwa/Workflow.  When I click on the URL, it takes me to "About:Blank" in a separate IE window.  How is this URL updated?  I'd like to point it to the project team site, or to a read-only copy of the web plan.

TIA

Monday, August 30, 2010 11:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Joe Blow 1234,

In my testing the URL is acually taking me to the Project Drill Down page for the Project UID that the workflow applies to - which for a 'Sample Proposal' will go to the page showing the proposal summary.  Depending on the position of the workflow approval this could take you to the schedule if one was already created.  It would probably depend on the rights of the user and the checked-out status if this was read-only or not.  SO my first question is why are you not seeing this same behavior?  Is this a custom workflow?

I am not aware of any way you can edit that specific URL - but it sounds like it should be doing what you want out of the box anyway.  You could create your own custom approval forms as part of your own custom workflow.

Some repro steps, and details of the permission levels of the different users in your scenario may help understand what is happening.

Best regards,

Brian

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 3:52 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Brian,

yes, these are custom workflows.  I've tested with full admin credentials (sharepoint, projserv, local box and sql...)... it's definitely not a permissions issue.  Likely a parameter we skipped during development.  Are you aware of where to set this in the code?  If not, is it easy to disable the hyperlink in the content type?

Thanks!!

Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:27 PM
  • Hi Joe Blow 1234,

The code that drives the sample proposal workflow is available in the downloadable SDK at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=46007f25-b44e-4aa6-80ff-9c0e75835ad9&displaylang=en.  It is called SampleProposal2 and is zipped in the samples.zip in the samples directory.  If you haven't already had a look at this then certainly worth reviewing.

Looking behind the scenes at that specific page approvaltask.aspx it would appear that ProjectUid is the property of the task that is uses to construct the URL, in much the same way as GetProjectUrl method in the above sample - which is then used in the e-mail .  So possibly you are missing the property ProjectUid at some point in your workflow? (example - setTaskField2 in the sample) Although I'd have thought that might break a little more than just a the URL.

I'm not aware of any way to change that specific page to remove the URL. 

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Friday, September 3, 2010 5:24 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Brian,

What is the best way to modify and deploy a similar ApprovalTask.aspx page? I would want to add another button after "Approve" and "Reject" called "Request More Info". How would I go about doing this?

Thank you,

Al

Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:53 AM