none
Online help keeps popping up in Visual Studio 2005 on Windos Vista Business RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I am working in Visual Studio.NET 2005 on Windows Vista Business.  I have a problem with online help popping up all the time.  Is there a way to turn this off?  It seems like when I use the tab key or use the keyboad arrows, online help pops up and interupts my programming.  Is this a bug in the framework?

Friday, October 26, 2007 3:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Tyson,

You can try the following troubleshooting tips to solve this issue:

1.       You can first try resetting the Visual Studio setting, check out How to: Reset Your Settings. 

2.       Have you applied the latest service pack? If not, I suggest you to apply the service pack.

3.       If you reboot the operating system to safe mode, do we have the problem? This can help to isolate whether any other applications are interfering with Visual Studio. In addition to safe mode, you can also try “clean boot”.

4.       If you create a new user account, do we have the problem? This can help to isolate user profile corruption related causes.

5.       If you disable Add-ns (e.g. “Tools” | “Add-in Manager”) and run “devenv.exe /safemode”, do you still have the problem? This can eliminate the possibility that third party Add-ins are causing problems.

6.       If you create a new project, do we have the problem? Sometimes corrupted project settings can cause problems. These are project specific.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Monday, October 29, 2007 3:30 AM