how can Smartphone Emulator send and receive SMS? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am a beginner at .net Compact Framework and I have just started a project called "SMS SPAMMER", my idea is to enable a mobile phone to spam an SMS based upon Cell Number. I want to use .net Compact Framework and learnt how my project will go on but I am unble to test my code as I dont know two emulators can communicate or not and if they then how?I also wish to know how can I send an SMS to emulator through my cell phone. Is it possible or not.

If anyone has any ideas about how to go about undertaking this project I would be very greatful!!!

Thanks for your time,
    Anupam Pathak
    Friday, May 26, 2006 3:40 PM

Answers

• As I've explained above it is not possible. That is, you can not use emulator for that.

You should purchase and use real phone device instead.

Friday, May 26, 2006 5:41 PM

All replies

• SP emulator can not receive or send SMS as it's not connected to real cell network. You’d need a real device to do that.

Friday, May 26, 2006 4:26 PM
  • thanx , but can you please tell me how can I test my software on emulator as for testing it should receive an SMS.....how can I made my emultor to receive SMS....... or what else I can do...

please help me as soon as possible..

Anupam Pathak

Friday, May 26, 2006 5:27 PM
  • As I've explained above it is not possible. That is, you can not use emulator for that.

You should purchase and use real phone device instead.

Friday, May 26, 2006 5:41 PM
  • thanx a lot for ur help...

Anupam Pathak

Friday, May 26, 2006 5:48 PM