none
Can anyone help with this report please!? blank pages appearing everywhere! RRS feed

• Question

• This is driving me insane! Any help will be very much appreciated.

I just want to create a simple report which contains a list of learners attending each course.  i.e. The report will print all courses run and underneath each course, a list of every learner attending.  After the list of learners attending each course will be an agreement to be signed by the tutor.  It is basically a register/checklist of pupils.

Where ther aren't many leaners on each course then I have no problem - I set a page group for course title and have al my leaner details in a tablix underneath.  Then I have a textbox underneath WITHIN (so as to appear after each course and not just on each page) the tablix showing the agreement to be signed. 

When the list of learners is greater, it all goes wrong and I end up having blank pages appearing in the report separating the learner details from the agreement text box and so on.

Where am I going wrong?  How do I do this?  Basically I just want this agreement to appear after every list of learners and for there to be no blank pages!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Friday, July 22, 2011 5:39 PM

All replies

• Typically, when you get blank pages, it is a result of the way the margins, report page size and page breaks are interacting together. The report interactive size may be larger then the printable size, which makes the problem with extra pages hard to diagnose. Make sure the report page size, including margins fits within the printable page size.

It also sounds like you may need to use Rectangles and a keep together clause to keep items from seperating from each other. Put the report items you want together in a rectangle and set the keep together flag.

Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 12:43 AM