none
AMV converter/encoder? RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Shimmy,

I'm afraid the problem is not supported in Microsoft supported forum.

.NET always use DirectX assembly to play video or movie, there are some samples in below links:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/graphics/zMoviePlayer.aspx

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/audio-video/videosav.aspx?msg=2891418

I think you'd better post in third party production supported forum.

Thank you for your posting and understanding.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:13 AM
  • My question is directed to .NET users like me, that encountered this scenario and are willing to share their experience with the community.

I do think it belongs on MSDN forums, perhaps under a different category.

As per your links, I am looking for a converter that can read any input file, and convert it to a .AMV file.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:25 AM
  • Hi,

You can read this thread. It lists several ways to play audio/video files.

I hope this can help you.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    • Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:21 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Shimmy Weitzhandler Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:57 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 4:48 AM
  • Hi,

Has your issue been resolved? Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestions?

Now I will mark an answer, you can mark others that you think to be so useful to your issue.

If you still have any questions about this issue, please feel free to let me know. 

Have a nice day!

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:21 AM
  • As per your links, I am looking for a converter that can read any input file, and convert it to a .AMV file.

I'm not looking for an audio/video player, I'm looking for an encoder that can encode files to AMV format.

Thanks

Shimmy
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:00 AM
  • Hi Shimmy,

I'm not sure that it works for .NET Framework.

I found this:

The S1mp3 players ship with often buggy, Microsoft-only GUI's for converting video to the AMV format.

It uses the FFMpeg framework  to be able to use our AMV-tools with a lot of existing video-related software.

http://code.google.com/p/amv-codec-tools/

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:37 AM
  • Hi Shimmy,

I'm not sure that it works for .NET Framework.

I found this:

The S1mp3 players ship with often buggy, Microsoft-only GUI's for converting video to the AMV format.

It uses the FFMpeg framework  to be able to use our AMV-tools with a lot of existing video-related software.

http://code.google.com/p/amv-codec-tools/

Paul Zhou [MSFT]

Caution: We guarantee to invoke your system certificates. By using our program, you agree to our terms including a transfer of your ownership rights of any media to us.~Christine.
    Christine Sindelar
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 2:43 PM
  • Hi Paul, I'm sorry but I didn't notice this answer before.

Anyway, I have tested that too, but it's kinda buggy too, and also is very outdated.

It supports a very small variety of input filetypes.
    For some types, I will have to convert the file twice, first to make it readable for the amv-codec-tools converter then to amv.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get around this?
    Or if you know of a way to merge it into the original (updated) FFmpeg, maybe I just need to copy some files and some links and recompile. I am not so familiar with C language.

Unless you know of other tools.

My goal is to take the most input files possible, and be able to convert to amv.
    Thanks for all your effort. 

Cheers, Shimmy

BTW, Christine, I didn't understand the caution bellow your post.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 6:47 AM
  • Hi Sjimmy,

The link in my last post is searched from Internet myself. I'm not familiar with the video/audio converter.

I just try my best to help you.

I think you may post in General Windows Development Issues forum. There may be experts in that forum so that you can get better response.

Thanks.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 8:09 AM