none
Combining Records into one RRS feed

• Question

• I have a table where I am collecting two pieces of data from two organization so we can track monthly progress. At the completion of a quarter, I need to combine the data for each organization and do one final report out for payment purposes.  Here is how the table is structured:

I would like to take Org ID FM and Org ID RV, for each PXM add together the numerator and update that to the combined numerator field - and then do the same to get the combined denominator field.  The over all goal is when they are combined is that I will append that data to the overall finance table so I can finalize my payment reports.  I am trying to build this in a query.  I am thinking I need to do a self join on the org ID field and the PXM field so that it is looking at each organization and the item being tracked so that it can then be added together - now I need to figure out how to build in the math.  Can someone offer assistance for how to do this? 

Here is how I have started the query:

Any help is appreciated.

Monday, January 21, 2019 3:52 PM

All replies

• Hi seebert,

Instead of combining tables to a new table, can't you use a Union query of the individual tables to get the combined totals?

Imb.

Monday, January 21, 2019 4:25 PM