none
MS-OXCRPC 2.2.2.22 size of ConnectionAttempts integer unclear RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking at v20120122 of MS-OXCRPC section 2.2.2.22 (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh745381%28v=exchg.80%29.aspx)

The description says that the ConnectionAttempts integer has a size of 2 bytes. However the picture shows it as a 4 byte integer. Which one of those two is correct? Or is it a 2 byte integer, but with 2 bytes of padding not mentioned yet?

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 5:46 AM

Answers

• Hello Dirk Jagdmann,
                                   Our investigation shows that ConnectionAttempts is 4 bytes in length. So the diagram is correct.  The text in [MS-OXCRC] section 2.2.2.22 will be updated to reflect this in a future revision.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open specifications

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 7:33 PM

All replies

• Hello Dirk Jagdmann,
                                   Thank you for your inquiry about MS-OXCRPC protocol. One of the
    Open specifications team member will contact you shortly.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 3:04 PM
  • Hi Dirk Jagdmann,
                               I will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the history of the spec and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla

Friday, March 30, 2012 2:28 PM
  • Hello Dirk Jagdmann,
                                   Our investigation shows that ConnectionAttempts is 4 bytes in length. So the diagram is correct.  The text in [MS-OXCRC] section 2.2.2.22 will be updated to reflect this in a future revision.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 7:33 PM