Biztalk server application event viewer log RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have a general question about the Biztalk server event viewer log. We really have a log of Logon types (about 10-20 every second). So finding my application error is kinda hard. I can make the size of the application file bigger and apply some filter but i dont think this is the correct way. Are there any tips or best practices to keep the log "cleaner" and better to use?

Monday, July 3, 2017 8:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ronald,

I think you should refer to the article: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/35939.logging-in-biztalk-apps-using-event-logs-good-practices.aspx and follow the best practices.

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Monday, July 3, 2017 9:20 AM
  • Can you clarity?  What do you mean by "log of Logon types"?

If that's a problem, maybe you should try to fix that first.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 5:33 AM
  • The simplest way would be for you to create a custom event log (maybe one per application) and then use registered Event Sources (during the time of application deployment). If the host process has administrative rights then it automatically registeres the event sources.

Either way, when the number of events piles up, you would need a filter of sorts to sift/filter through the events but having specialized event logs and/or event sources will help you manage better.

That having said, be aware that in case of multiple servers, you would need to collect and collate events across all the servers where you're running the host instances associated with the application to get a single picture in regards to one processing instance.

Regards.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 5:51 AM
  • Hi Ronald,

You can refer to the article I wrote about logging using the Event Log in BizTalk.

Logging In BizTalk Apps using Event Logs: Good Practices

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 6:44 AM