Custom Item Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm developping a big application and in order to save time, I decided to create a Wizard to develop my UIs. I created the wizard and it successfully create the files. The only problem is that the item in the Add New Item window only appears in a standard C# project, not in a Web Application one.

I understand the items appears in one or another project depending the directory where the file .vsz is located, like "VC#\CSharpProjectItems" for standard C# projects, but when I put it in "Web\WebNewFileItems\CSharp", it just doesn't work!

Can somebody help me?

• Moved by OmegaMan Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:07 PM (From:Visual C# General)
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 9:32 PM

Answers

• You're absolutly right. After searching and searching, I ended up using IWizard and everything worked fine, thank both of you for your help.
    • Marked as answer by Vincent Uribe Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:01 PM
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry for the late response I was on a vacation last week,

since this post is too old, could you please post a new one,

i'll try my best to help.

Ziwei Chen [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 4:42 AM
  • First, it's not simply a matter of dropping .vsz files into a directory. There are other files which would require updating.

Second, .vsz is the old way to add templates because it requires more that dropping files into directories.

So why aren't you using the new template format?

Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:57 PM
  • You're absolutly right. After searching and searching, I ended up using IWizard and everything worked fine, thank both of you for your help.
    • Marked as answer by Vincent Uribe Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:01 PM
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 5:01 PM