Tips needed for integration of FreeTextBox control into News_Edit.aspx page RRS feed

• Question

• User-1294392548 posted

Hi, 

I've tried any number of ways to get the FreeTextBox control integrateted into the Club Site Starter Kit.   I can't seem to get the News_edit.aspx page to do anything different. If I go to Source Code view and add the FTB and delete the Description TextArea that's already present there, the new FTB control never shows up in Design mode or in the actual page when compiled, even though I see it in the Source view.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Friday, January 19, 2007 10:30 AM

All replies

• User-1563988197 posted
    I have put FCKEditor into the Club SK... I can help you with that. I haven't had any luck with FreeTextbox so I ditched that for FCK.
    Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:03 PM
  • User959264866 posted
    How did yo integrate FCK editor?
    Sunday, January 21, 2007 10:34 PM
  • User-1563988197 posted

They have their own control for ASP.NET integration so it is super simple to implament. So, you download the latest version and drop the folder into your directory. Next, you download the ASP.NET control. Now you add this to the pages you want to put the editor into (Events_edit, New_edit):

<%@ Register TagPrefix="FCKeditorV2" Namespace="FredCK.FCKeditorV2" Assembly="FredCK.FCKeditorV2" %>

And put this into the Page_Load

Session("FCKeditor:UserFilesPath") = Request.ApplicationPath.ToString & "Files/"

***Line Numbers might not be correct!*****

Events_Edit

119    <FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor ID="FCKeditor1" runat="server" ToolbarSet ="Default" SkinPath ="skins/office2003/" Value='<%# Bind("description") %>' BasePath="~/FCKeditor/" UseBROnCarriageReturn="true"></FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor>

188    <FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor ID="FCKeditor1" runat="server" ToolbarSet ="Default" SkinPath ="skins/office2003/" Value='<%# Bind("description") %>' BasePath="~/FCKeditor/" UseBROnCarriageReturn="true"></FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor>

News_Edit

123    <FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor ID="FCKeditor1" runat="server" ToolbarSet ="Default" SkinPath ="skins/office2003/" Value='<%# Bind("description") %>' BasePath="~/FCKeditor/" UseBROnCarriageReturn="true"></FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor>

201    <FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor ID="FCKeditor2" runat="server" ToolbarSet ="Default" SkinPath ="skins/office2003/" Value='<%# Bind("description") %>' BasePath="~/FCKeditor/" UseBROnCarriageReturn="true"></FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor>

Basically, you replace the TextBoxes that your edit/add text with the FCKEditor

I can put this into the template... I got this stuff from my own personal app... so if this doesn't work for you, I will work it out and send the template+FCK

Monday, January 22, 2007 6:11 PM
  • User706866991 posted

I have the Free test box implemented and it seems to be going good.  Here are a few things to look into.

You have Free Test box installed into your site with the appropriate directories

You have the appropriate Free Text Box Entry at the top of your page

You have the proper Freetext box tag for your control

I don't have access to my source right now, but will tomorrow.  I will see if I can get you some examples.

Bob

Monday, January 22, 2007 11:29 PM