none
RightFax and PDF result in 'Problem Converting Fax Body or Cover Sheet' RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All:
    We are trying to send out faxes of invoices and reports to our customers.  We have RightFax software and have used it for a long time.  We are converting our reports to PDF and send them to RightFax.  I am getting 'Problem Converting Fax Body or Cover Sheet'.  I can create a PDF from a word document and it will send it, but files output from SSRS errors.  What is different between the two.
    Phil
    PHuhn
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 5:01 PM

All replies

• Hi PHuhn,

The error "Problem Converting Fax Body or Cover Sheet" is thrown by RightFax. I do not know what the error means exactly.

Could you please ask the RightFax for a support about this error?

By the way, please update the Driver for the RightFax to check if the issue is solved.

Thanks,
    Jin Chen

Jin Chen - MSFT
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 7:11 AM
  • I have updated the 'print' driver for RightFax, prior to my post.  If I take the output PDF from SSRS and re-save it with Adobe, RightFax works fine.  The file is now slightly larger is size.
    Phil
    PHuhn
    Friday, November 6, 2009 2:30 PM
  • That is, I believe MS is creating a slightly off PDF, and RightFax can not read it.
    Phil

PHuhn
    Friday, December 25, 2009 11:41 PM
  • SSRS is creating a 1.3 version PDF file... RightFax and Fortis require 1.4 format.  Can MS please upgrade version!

Phil

To check the version, open the PDF in acrobat reader and right click and select properties.

PHuhn
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 4:36 PM
  • Hey MS:

Office 2007 outputs 1.5 PDF format, get together with other teams.

Phil

PHuhn
    Friday, October 29, 2010 1:57 AM
  • Hi, We are also getting same error i.e 'Problem Converting Fax Body or Cover Sheet' for PDF based oracle documents- POs and Reports. RightFax support team suggested us to install ghost script format at unix box.

Were you able to resolve your issue. Please share the steps to fix this issue. It will be big help for us.

Thanks!

TC

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:57 PM
  • Hi Folks, Is anyone able to resovle this issue. Would be great if you would share .ppm files used to fix this issue. RightFax Support team have no clue where to check and is not supporting us because we are using Oracle Financials. They said we need to change printer drivers but they are not sure which one will work.

Any guidnace will be big help !

Thanks!

TC

Friday, January 21, 2011 6:00 PM
  • Did you ever get this fixed, I am having the same issues with Rightfax?
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 5:11 PM
  • Hi:

My workaround is using iTextSharp libraries.  http://sourceforge.net/projects/itextsharp/ or http://itextsharp.com/ (documentation at the latter).  I am adding the byte array to the to a iText document, then outputting it from iText and then it is 1.4 version.

Phil

P.Huhn
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 2:34 PM
  • Hi All,

We use RightFax and to get around the problem of Problem Converting Fax Body or Cover Sheet we were told to

open up the PDF you want to send and click print

Select the RightFax printer and hit print.

It will now open up the RightFax window with the PDF attached and you just add in the telephon number and other details as you would send your fax.

regards

Anthony

Friday, November 1, 2013 4:09 PM
  • I was having the same issue and Anthony's response solved my problem so thanks!!!! -Dom
    Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:18 PM
  • Hi All,

I have the same problem when trying to fax a pdf document. After some reading on the internet I found out that you need a PDF Module for your RightFax Server in order to fax pdf files.  I tried P.Huhn's solution with using iTextSharp to create a PDF but that didn't work for me.

We are upgrading our server soon and will let you know if this sorts out the issue.

Friday, February 28, 2014 10:43 AM