Is it possible to notify users based their locations even if app is terminated? RRS feed

• Question

• User296441 posted

Hello all...

I'm working on an application that users can register specific locations as checkpoints and visit other locations. I want to notify users when they are close to these locations even app is terminated. I can monitor the location in foreground and background but I couldn't find any solution to warn them when application is not running.

Regards.

Monday, October 2, 2017 11:19 PM

All replies

• User296441 posted

Anybody with answers?

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 7:13 AM
  • User74 posted

@tanriverdi This isn't really a Xamarin question, its a question of does iOS support that. I suggest you google for answers to that iOS question, and then if it is possible, look at how you would do it with Xamarin.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 8:52 AM
  • User296441 posted

I'm developing this app with Xamarin so I want to learn how to do it if it is possible.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 9:25 AM
  • User74 posted

@tanriverdi Xamarin can do everything that ObjC can do, so you need to find out if it is possible in iOS first.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:01 AM
  • User296441 posted

According to apple documentation, it is possible. I just dont know how to do it in Xamarin.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 12:12 PM
  • User74 posted

Ok, do you have example code in ObjC? If so, translate it! If the Apple docs say it is possible, surely it also provides instructions, no?

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 12:17 PM
  • User296441 posted

I would translate it if i found any. What do you trying to achieve? If you know the answer, help me.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 12:23 PM
  • User74 posted

Im trying to help you help yourself. I don't know the answer, but if I had a requirement for this the first thing I would do is check that iOS can do it or not. If it can, I would google for an ObjC example or solution to the problem. I would read that, understand what it does, then translate it to C#.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 12:29 PM
  • User74 posted

You flagged my post as abuse? Really? In what way was I abusive?

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 3:34 PM