Interesting MessageBox crash RRS feed

• Question

• Apart from wondering why a colleague ever got me into Sketchflow (I'll never know!) Crash-o-rama, annoying dialogues, black screens with thinly veiled .NET exceptions, even JIT exceptions trying to modify XAML. But I've got a migraine after two days of trying to sketch-up a simple few screens, a login, a patient search screen and some patient details screens.

Needless to say, in C#, it'd be done now and I wouldn't be pounding on keys late into the night.

I'm very proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere and this UI is by far and away the most annoying I have ever seen. It takes the black of Vista and mixes it with the impossible to find anything, oh there it is whoops, its gone again UI ideas from Office 2007/2010. But never mind that, I'm only a developer who has already tried in vain to get three graphic designers interested in it.

I decided to stop writing code for today because I came across a completely mental bug;

private void btnPatientSearch_Click(object sender, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs e)

{

MessageBox.Show("Crashed Yet?");

MessageBox.Show("Now I've Crashed!");

}

Just a simple click event on a sketch button.

I've tried it a few times and each time the browser freezes once the second message box is clicked. I thought I'd done something bad, but I've commented out all the code, replaced the variable derived messages with static text and it still blows up.

Sketchflow is even more buggy than Mathematica 7 and that's saying something.

• Edited by AstraNet Sunday, October 3, 2010 1:13 AM typo 'cos I'm pissed off and tired - thanks Sketchflow and Microsoft
    Sunday, October 3, 2010 1:11 AM

All replies

• I've tried to duplicate this crash but have been unable to do so. Can you run the project under a debugger and post a stack trace?  I created a SketchFlow Silverlight project and pasted the method above into it. When clicked, it displays a message box, press ok, displays the other, press ok, back to the SketchFlow project.
    Monday, October 4, 2010 1:55 PM