Samples for DLNA Support on Windows 7 with Media Foundation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I just found the IMFDLNASinkInit Interface, but there are no samples in the Windows SDK. I guess it is used for the new Play To Feature in Media Player of Windows 7.

The question is how to implement to new "Play To Feature" with the Media Foundation SDK? Any samples? Prefered in managed C#.

Thanks
    MikeH
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 6:21 PM

Answers

• On the client side, DLNA support is provided through the MF network source and the MF HTTP bytestream, which can be accessed through the source resolver.  I do not believe there is a sample that explicitly demonstrates this, but it is as simple as entering a streaming URL into the MFPlayer sample.

The server side components (particularly, the network otuput bytestream that would be passed to IMFDLNASinkInit::Initialize) are not part of the MF SDK.  They are part of and private to Windows Media Player.

Media Foundation does not have a managed layer and is not natively accessible in C#. 
    • Marked as answer by The March Hare Wednesday, August 19, 2009 5:37 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 10:57 PM

• Media Foundation does not have a managed layer and is not natively accessible in C#. 

There is a non-MS MF.net opensource project.  I don't know if all the latest Win7 interfaces are supported:

Please use Vote As Helpful (green up arrow at top-left of posts) and Mark As Answer where appropriate.
    My dshow site is http://tmhare.mvps.org.
    Friday, August 7, 2009 12:59 PM

All replies

• On the client side, DLNA support is provided through the MF network source and the MF HTTP bytestream, which can be accessed through the source resolver.  I do not believe there is a sample that explicitly demonstrates this, but it is as simple as entering a streaming URL into the MFPlayer sample.

The server side components (particularly, the network otuput bytestream that would be passed to IMFDLNASinkInit::Initialize) are not part of the MF SDK.  They are part of and private to Windows Media Player.

Media Foundation does not have a managed layer and is not natively accessible in C#. 
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 10:57 PM

• Media Foundation does not have a managed layer and is not natively accessible in C#. 

There is a non-MS MF.net opensource project.  I don't know if all the latest Win7 interfaces are supported:

Please use Vote As Helpful (green up arrow at top-left of posts) and Mark As Answer where appropriate.
    My dshow site is http://tmhare.mvps.org.
    Friday, August 7, 2009 12:59 PM