none
Datepicker issue in Windows 10

Question

• Hi,
    We have Winform application developed in vb.net and Net framework 4.0. We are using Datepicker to display dates. Recently one of our user upgraded to Windows 10 and the dates are showing as garbage as shown in the image. Can anyone help?

Abhay Wagh

• Edited by Abhay Wagh Friday, April 28, 2017 4:08 AM
    Friday, April 28, 2017 4:04 AM

All replies

• Perhaps the other system is using a different DPI setting in windows control panel.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/desktop/dn469266.aspx

Friday, April 28, 2017 4:41 AM
  • Recently one of our user upgraded to Windows 10 and the dates are showing as garbage as shown in the image.

That's not a lot to go on.  Does the 'garbage' change as the user changes selections in the DateTimePicker?   Can the user identify any other place that a DateTimePicker is used and is it working properly at that other place? What languages are enabled for this machine?  If this is one of multiple machines at the user location are they all affected or just this one?  If it's only this machine, is there anything in the configuration (or in the upgrade process) that might have affected the control?

Friday, April 28, 2017 5:20 AM
  • Is the User in question using a specialized Culture for his machine? with maybe a custom Date format display?

It could mess up your app if it assumes the datetilepicker localization for formatting...

Maybe you could upgrade the app with a specified format for your DateTimePicker?

Friday, April 28, 2017 8:01 AM
  • Abhay, 

We don't see your code, but the most close comes to me that you have set the value of the datetime picker not using a DateTime but in another way. (For instance by a convert from a string to a date). Because it only happens with one datetime picker.

This is one of the correct ways it should be done (for instance for tomorrows date).

DateTimePicker1.Value = Now.AddDays(1)
    This works correct on my W10 computer. 

Success
    Cor

Friday, April 28, 2017 12:53 PM
  • Hi Abhay Wagh,

I can hardly see/recognize the fault of DatePicker, because the inserted screenshot is too small. I'd like to know where it comes from, Font, DPI, or ...?
    Could you insert a larger image?
    Friday, April 28, 2017 11:29 PM
  • Hi Abhay,

Can you please share your code that can reproduce this issue here, and provide clearer screenshot here, so that we can analyze this issue to provide more helpful suggestion.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by goodh2o Wednesday, May 3, 2017 9:01 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by goodh2o Wednesday, May 3, 2017 9:01 PM
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 2:30 AM