Facing issue at Runtime: The object has been run down by the stub manager while there are external clients. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

When I run my app I am facing this issue. I have tried to find solution but couldn't on any online forum. App runs fine sometimes but on some occasions it gives this issue.

Error    1    The object has been run down by the stub manager while there are external clients.

Detected premature stub rundown for call on IID:{CEF4C928-326F-49A9-B7E7-8FE7588B74B5}, method:27, IPID:{0001C005-3EE4-0000-C1AD-F4573F79FB7B}, type of rundown:4!        0    0    

Kindly if someone could help me resolve this. I shall be thankful.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 10:37 AM

All replies

• At what point does it give this error?

Is that IID for one of your own COM objects? 

Are you using any 3rd party native code libraries?

-Eric.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:21 PM
  • Yes I am using NewtonSoft.Json for Json parsing and I am getting this issue at runtime. The issue is removed when I restart my Visual Studio but it continues after sometime again. Kindly if someone could guide me to find the permanent solution to this issue. I shall be thankful

Regards

• Edited by Saad Tariq Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:45 PM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:44 PM
  • The issue is removed when I restart my Visual Studio but it continues after sometime again.

So... Are you seeing this error in your desktop environment or in the debug spew from the application running on a Windows Phone device?

Also: Can you provide more context like a stack trace and more detailed description of what is occurring just prior to the error?

-Eric.

• Edited by Eric Fleck Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:23 PM need additional data
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:06 PM
  • I've just had this problem using SQLite. Code compiles fine but will not run in the IDE. In my case, the problem turns out to be that I have a SQLite administration tool open at the same time. When I close it, the problem goes away.

Maybe you have another debugging/administration tool open at the same time that is getting in the way. It's just a thought. Since the message is pretty much the same as the one I was getting, I thought I might as well contribute the solution that worked for me. It may not be applicable to your situation (I'm not using JSON).

Hope it helps you.

Steve

Thursday, April 24, 2014 2:52 PM
  • I also got the same error multiple times while try to start the debugging. In my case this occure only when i stopped the debugging forcefully. In almost every time it resolved after 2-3 attempt of start debugging. May due to forceful stopping would not clear all the resources used in the debugging and Visual studio take time to restore the fresh state to debug again. Hope if it would help someone !!
    Thursday, June 16, 2016 8:04 AM