none
Error Code 149 for Azure MFA

Question

• Starting a day or two ago, we started receiving error code 149 as a result during our phone call MFA attempts.  Our error table only goes to 145 and I can't find doc online.  

Anyone know what changes with PhoneForce in the past couple days and what I might need to do to address this?

Many thanks

Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:06 PM

Answers

• Solution update for those finding this thread in future:

Error/Result Case 149: UserResource.CallResult_DirectSDKNotAllowed;

Long/Short - At least 2 customers received the SDK in a non-traditional manner and an update recently applied by MS caused our API calls to fail about 50% of the time.  The changes were backed out and all is well again.

Nothing more on this end, customer code/configs were fine, MS issue.

Good luck all

• Marked as answer by PittCaleb Friday, March 24, 2017 12:57 PM
    Friday, March 24, 2017 12:56 PM

All replies

• I am actually on a call right now with Microsoft Premier support for the same error.

I too cannot find any other documentation on the issue.

I find it odd that I came to this forum to seek information on error 149 and the first post I see is about the same issue and was posted 3 minutes before I got here.

Can you provide any details of what sites you are trying to access?

So far I have had no reports from users or my testing that indicate any issues with O365 MFA.

The only site we have this error from is a site we setup as a user self-support password change application.

I am interested to know if you have a similar scenario. Myself and another colleague even speculated if you might work for our company, but from your username we can't determine that.

Thank you,

David B. 

Thursday, March 23, 2017 4:44 PM
  • Similar issue as you - issue with custom app phone and text.

Would be interesting is same organization, don't feel comfortable stating in the clear.

Just opened premiere support call, will post *when* I find soln, pls do same.

Don't see method to PM in this forum, DM me on twitter @PittCaleb and we can perhaps bounce ideas.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:02 PM
  • Just messaged you on the twitter getter..
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:12 PM
  • Solution update for those finding this thread in future:

Error/Result Case 149: UserResource.CallResult_DirectSDKNotAllowed;

Long/Short - At least 2 customers received the SDK in a non-traditional manner and an update recently applied by MS caused our API calls to fail about 50% of the time.  The changes were backed out and all is well again.

Nothing more on this end, customer code/configs were fine, MS issue.

Good luck all

• Marked as answer by PittCaleb Friday, March 24, 2017 12:57 PM
    Friday, March 24, 2017 12:56 PM