ODBC on windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• just working on new pc with windows 10 & office 2016, when i try and access a linked table get this message

ODBC--call failed.

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Restricted data type attribute violation (#0) 

as far as i can tell nc11 is installed ok.

Does anyone have any thoughts on thsi?

Monday, April 3, 2017 11:19 AM

All replies

• In what application do you use it? Against which SQL Server Version?

The error itself is normally caused by a bad parameter binding in the query as far as I know.

Monday, April 3, 2017 11:35 AM
  • Try un-checking the “user regional” settings when you link the table.

Eg this:

I not 100% sure but I recall this issue can crop up if you check the above box and a “miss match” between your local computer and the server exists in regards to regional settings.

So delete the table link – and then re-link (and create a new file DSN). You can easy miss the above panel during the re-link process. Un-check the above option and give that a try.

Regards,
    Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
    Edmonton, Alberta Canada

• Proposed as answer by Chenchen Li Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:11 AM
    Monday, April 3, 2017 9:32 PM
  • Try un-checking the “user regional” settings when you link the table.

Eg this:

I not 100% sure but I recall this issue can crop up if you check the above box and a “miss match” between your local computer and the server exists in regards to regional settings.

So delete the table link – and then re-link (and create a new file DSN). You can easy miss the above panel during the re-link process. Un-check the above option and give that a try.

Regards,
    Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
    Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Thank you very much, this solved the problem in several computers we have, 

Kind regards, 

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 2:54 PM