none
Creating Lookup Fields with Linked Tables RRS feed

• Question

• I have a database I use for inventory purposes that I inherited.  There is a table for monitors, one for workstations, one for printers, etc.  They are all linked to a table called equipment type.  There are also tables for user name and location so that the information in those tables can be brought into the appropriate fields in each of the equipment type tables.  This helps prevent typos, (or it should) but these won't hold as lookup fields.  Is there a way to do this with linked fields?
    Monday, July 25, 2016 4:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Helen,

>> This helps prevent typos, (or it should) but these won't hold as lookup fields.  Is there a way to do this with linked fields?

Do you mean you want to change the fields in the linked table? If so, it is impossible, we could not change the properties of fields. For this, I would suggest you create a new table based on linked table, and then create the lookup fields.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 5:09 AM