none
various problem in OSDesign with WINCE7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm really new in Windows Embedded Compact7, and I think I'm doing several errors in creating an OS image for my x86 ICOP PMX 090T-8A.

I'm able to create an OSimage and to download it to the compact flash card of my panel pc, to use the ethernet connection, the USB mouse, the PS2 keyboard and the COM1 serial port, but I have some problems:

1) every file that I save in my panel PC (for instance in the Window dir) are deleted when I turn off it

2) I can read an USB storage device only if I connect it to the USB port, turn off the panel PC and turn it on again. If I don't turn off the PC, I can't see the resource in the explorer

3) on my panel PC I have 1 COM port and two USB ports. The mouse works only in one of the USB port, the keyboard works only with PS2 connection (I can't use a USB keyboard). In the Catalog Items View in Platform builder I have checked "USB HID Keyboard only" and "USB HID Mouse only" and also "8042 PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse"

4) I can deselect Com16550(Third instance) but I'm not able to deselect the Com16550(Second Instance) from the Catalog Items View. Is there a reason why?

Thank you

eli

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 4:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1) Yes, that is because Windows dir , Program files dir etc are stored in RAM. If you reboot, you'll lose your files newly added to these folders.

2) May be somebody who worked with USB can answer this. (Anyway, adding some debug messages in your USB host driver(or build debug mode) and checking what happens when you plug-in your USB storage device is connected may help).

3) Are you sure that you selected both?? Please select "USB HID Keyboard and Mouse" (SYSGEN_USB_HID_CLIENTS)

4) When you are not able to deselect a catalog item, right click on that catalog item, and click "Show dependencies" using which you can find out why it is not allowing to deselect.

Regards,
    Keshava G N

Keshava G N Member - Technical (Software),

iWave Systems, Bangalore <http://iwavesystems.com>

mailto: keshavagn AT iwavesystems DOT com

• Edited by Keshava GN Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:04 AM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:03 AM
  • 1. You cant save a file under Windows dir. This is mounted on RAM. To store a file persistently copy it to secondary storage like Flash, SDCard, USB mass storage device etc.

2. There is a problem in your USB detection on fly. When you insert a USB and boot the pin state which is active always is read and numeration happens. When you insert a USB device the pin state which is already active and remains the same ... No detection happens. The problem could be interrupt associated with USB. Check the USB driver registry for IRQ and see if it is correctly mapped. If you are using GPIO, then check its configuration.

3. In your catalog select "USB HID keyboard and Mouse" "USB Human Input device (HID) class" and "USB Host support"

May be one of the USB port of your device does not support slow speed device. Please check with some other mouse and keyboard ...

4. Check if there is dependency associated with this ? or check your bib file if this dll is hard coded.

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:20 AM