none
Find EBOOT version and OS version information in WinCE 6.0 R3 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to find out what eboot version  and OS version currently we have on target board?

Are these version numbers are programmed on persistent memory(usually NAND flash)?

How can we get the information if we want to use in application? Are they saved in a registry?

Thanks & best regards, Prasad K R S V
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 7:53 AM

All replies

• In my target platform BSP I have loader.h under %WINCEROOT%\PLATFORM\<BSP>\SRC\BOOTLOADER\COMMON and eboot version is defined by two #define (EBOOT_VERSION_MAJOR and EBOOT_VERSION_MINOR). I have also modified the BOOT_CFG struct (in the same file) adding a field to contain boot version. This struct is saved in NOR (at address defined by another constant IMAGE_BOOT_BOOTCFG_NOR_PA_START) where is also the bootloader (at another address). You have to modify bootloader so that it saves boot version in NOR. 

After this, in a driver/application you can do this :

BOOT_CFG* pBootCfg = (BOOT_CFG*)IMAGE_BOOT_BOOTCFG_NOR_PA_START;

So you can access to boot parameters in NOR and write eboot version into registry. To avoid executing an application/driver to write information into registry and to do this automatically, I have write a new OALIoCtlHalInitRegistry() function that is executed at startup when the registry is initialized (for this you have to read more about OAL IOCTL codes). In this function I read eboot version from NOR parameters and write it into registry, so an application can access this registry key.

Paolo.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:59 AM
  • The implementation of exposing EBOOT version to the application is upto the OEM.As Paolo said about one of the method of implementting it.

For getting the OS version you can following APIs

GetVersionEx()
    SystemParametersInfo()

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:50 AM