API Management: Git Clone (Preview) not authenticating. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all - I understand this feature is still in preview but does anyone know if it actually clones? I am using standard command line "git clone" with username "apim" and the generated password from my primary key but all I get is Authentication Failed. I have regenerated both primary and secondary keys multiple times but same result every time.

Any ideas?

Laurence Lemmon-Warde

Monday, April 4, 2016 7:19 PM

Answers

• Solved - the documentation is not clear at all. Needed to URLEncode the password and add this to end of the git clone URL @sitename.scm.azure-api.net

Laurence Lemmon-Warde

• Marked as answer by Laurence73 Monday, May 23, 2016 1:28 PM
    Monday, May 23, 2016 1:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Laurence, 

The clone should work. Is it possible the password is not pasted correctly? Are you using GIT bash? Have you tried GIT GUI? 

Regards,

Miao

Monday, April 4, 2016 9:17 PM
  • Hi Miao, all was done correctly. I thought it was to do that I was not a co-administrator but that is not the case. Still investigating. I have tried GIT Through Visual Studio and through the standard command line but no luck so far.

Laurence Lemmon-Warde

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 4:11 PM
  • Solved - the documentation is not clear at all. Needed to URLEncode the password and add this to end of the git clone URL @sitename.scm.azure-api.net

Laurence Lemmon-Warde

• Marked as answer by Laurence73 Monday, May 23, 2016 1:28 PM
    Monday, May 23, 2016 1:28 PM