none
ClickOnce Manifest Error After Changing Target Framework RRS feed

• Question

• I have a vsto app deployed using ClickOnce, because of a requirement of referenced dll's I have to up the target framework from 4.6.1 to 4.7.2 and now I get the Exception Reading Manifest error. Anyone have an idea on how to fix? Below is the error I receive. The app works fine if I change back to 4.6.1 and change references back to older ones.

Name: 
    From: file:///D:/Github/budget-sheet-upload-addin/BudgetSheetUploadAddIn/bin/Debug/BudgetSheetUploadAddIn.vsto

************** Exception Text **************
    System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException: Exception reading manifest from file:///D:/Github/budget-sheet-upload-addin/BudgetSheetUploadAddIn/bin/Debug/BudgetSheetUploadAddIn.dll.manifest: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened. ---> System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException: Parsing and DOM creation of the manifest resulted in error. Following parsing errors were noticed: 
    -HRESULT: 0x80070c81
    Start line: 0
    Start column: 0
    Host file: ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070C81
       at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IsolationInterop.CreateCMSFromXml(Byte[] buffer, UInt32 bufferSize, IManifestParseErrorCallback Callback, Guid& riid)
       at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.LoadCMSFromStream(Stream stream)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.LoadCMSFromStream(Stream stream)
       at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest..ctor(FileStream fileStream)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.GetManifests(TimeSpan timeout)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 3:08 PM

All replies

• Hi vstoTbgColor,

The error indicates that either the .NET Framework version on that specific machine doesn’t meet the minimum requirements for the add-in, or that VSTO isn’t installed (or isn’t being recognized by the add-in).

Please note, after you change the target framework, the Visual Studio will not change the Signature Algorithm. Right click Project-> Properties-> Signing, re-select or recreate the certificate.

For more information, please review the following link:

ClickOnce - Exception reading manifest

Hopefully it helps you.

Best Regards,

Yuki

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 7:24 AM
  • Hi Love2Code2Much,

Thanks for your asking. Did you resolve your issue? If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer and close the post.

Thank you for understanding. If you have any question, or update, please feel free to let us know.

I wish you a happy life!

Bet Regards,

Yuki

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Monday, December 24, 2018 7:34 AM