Want to create a website in silverlight RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi,

I want to create a website which will run on cross browser, cross platform and cross device as well. Means that application will going to run on Computer, PDA, Hand held devices and mobiles as well. I also want the good user ineraction for that site also. I was thinking to build that site by using SILVERLIGHT, bcoz its a cross browser and cross platform framework. I discuss this issue with lots of friends and they suggests to use AJAX and JQuery for that instead of SILVERLIGHT. According to my opinion if i will use AJAX and jquery then I have to make two versions of the site ( one for windows and one for mobiles). But I am in confusion that Is SILVERLIGHT works on mobiles. And also not sure for AJAX and JQuery as well. Can anybody suggests me in which platform I will make site? That's urgent..

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Benipal

Tuesday, November 3, 2009 1:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Benipal,

Firstly, Silverlight for Mobiles is not released yet.  Secondly, if you want an application which works on all the popular platforms(just as you said in your first post), we'd better use simple html + some script code. In this sense, we would recommend you use AJAX.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Monday, November 9, 2009 5:25 AM
  • Maybe HTML/Ajax is still the way to go when you want to target the wide open field. :-/ ... What you maybe can do however is using Silverlight for a prototype. Often customers don't know what they want and appetite comes with eating, so it's a lot easier to adapt/change/rearrange stuff with a Silverlight prototype.
    Monday, November 9, 2009 5:46 AM

All replies

• hmm, see if this answer your question.

link: http://silverlight.net/learn/mobile/

Sharker Khaleed Mahmud

Tuesday, November 3, 2009 1:15 AM
  •  Hi,

I already gone through this post. And that will not answer my question. I want the strong points that I can give to my Client that Silverlight is good for croos browser as well as cross device.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 3, 2009 1:24 AM
  • Hi Benipal,

Firstly, Silverlight for Mobiles is not released yet.  Secondly, if you want an application which works on all the popular platforms(just as you said in your first post), we'd better use simple html + some script code. In this sense, we would recommend you use AJAX.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Monday, November 9, 2009 5:25 AM
  • Maybe HTML/Ajax is still the way to go when you want to target the wide open field. :-/ ... What you maybe can do however is using Silverlight for a prototype. Often customers don't know what they want and appetite comes with eating, so it's a lot easier to adapt/change/rearrange stuff with a Silverlight prototype.
    Monday, November 9, 2009 5:46 AM