Implementing UPNP in Windows Store Apps

Question

• What is the most sufficient and simple way to implement a UPNP Control Point in a Windows Store App? As far as I know, one can always use HTTP messaging over IP, but this is a really long way to go. Is there a comfortable way to access UPNP COM-objects like MediaRenderers or MediaServers from a Store App and invoke actions on them?
    Friday, March 21, 2014 10:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

UPNP COM-objects is not available in windows store app. But There is a link relative to UPNP in Windows Store Apps you can refer to:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/458807/UPnP-code-for-Windows

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, March 24, 2014 1:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

UPNP COM-objects is not available in windows store app. But There is a link relative to UPNP in Windows Store Apps you can refer to:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/458807/UPnP-code-for-Windows

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, March 24, 2014 1:31 AM
  • Thanks! Yeah, I've read that article from the Code Project, they're using HTTP Protocol for communication between devices. I've seen some Windows Phone Apps (not Store Apps, but still running on OS without upnp.dll) for the UPNP/DLNA Control Point like Smart Player and I can't believe it was built straightly with HTTP. There must be some trick or magic.
    Monday, March 24, 2014 8:14 PM