none
Unable to download any iso file from msdn subscription website using Microsoft download manager RRS feed

• Question

• Original Title: msdn subscription download problem with microsoft download manager/file transfer manager
    hi ,
    i am very frustrated  right now because i am not able to download any iso file from msdn subscription site. i am using windows 8.1 ,IE11 And installed microsoft download manager ,file  transfer mangaer on pc but download started directly .so these large file cant be downloaded directly  .so please help me 
    my mail id -   amit.chaubey@nabhyasolutions.com
                         amit_09sh@yahoo.co.in

My problem is that IE11 doesn't initialize the DLM when I try to download ISOs from MSDN or Technet.

After removing the Add-on of the DLM from IE11, when I try to download software from MSDN site or from Technet site, there's no trigger to install ActiveX of DLM again.

What I need to know how to use DLM to download softwares from Technet or MSDN using IE11 on Win8.1

Thursday, May 22, 2014 4:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• Amit,

Without the FTM, you're not able to complete downloads?  Is it because they go to slow/ or they time out? or...?

Right at the very top of our help page on 'using Subscriber Downloads' we have a link to instructions on enabling the FTM in IE11:

1) start here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions

2) click Help

3) click "using subscriber downloads" in the left hand nav

4) See the article at the top

Here's a direct link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2900662/en-us

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support

Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:44 PM
  • Dear mike ,

thanks a lot from my bottom of the heart . you give me some new breath to live a good life ... means I have no words for your support ,

thanks a lot ..................

Sunday, May 25, 2014 6:10 AM
  • WOW, I didn't know this is a known issue. I thought Microsoft has discontinued the use of the FTM and everything is downloaded directly via the browser. Just got used to the slow speeds. Now after applying this workaround the downloads are super fast. Thanks!
    Saturday, August 16, 2014 11:57 AM
  • After a week of trying to download from MSDN site with files getting errors using direct option I found this funky workaround. Note I am able to download from PARTNERs download site using download manager without issues (ALCAMAI Tech DLM). MSDN site does not fire ALCAMI DLM but uses Microsoft DLM with this FUNKIE workaround.

Suggestion to Microsoft ever hear of Visual Studio Enterprise and quality control?

Venting - blowing off steam - 'tis all

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 8:25 PM