ACS namespace support RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

As of now ServiceBus that is created in Azure Portal (portal.azure.com) creates a SAS authentication and earlier (and still) in classic portal (manage.windowsazure.com) ACS namespace/authentication is possible. I know it is still possible to do the same using Powershell as well.

But the question is how long will Microsoft support for ACS authentication? Are there any plans to discontinue? Will there be any announcements before such a major (atleast for some customers) change will be made?

Cheers

K

Koushik

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:34 PM

Answers

• I cannot really tell how long ACS will be around. Service Bus section of the forum isn't the correct place to ask this question. But from Service Bus's perspective, we have many customers still running on ACS namespaces so we will continue to support ACS for a long while.

Question: Why do you need to implement on ACS auth?

• Marked as answer by Koushik984 Thursday, May 18, 2017 7:10 AM
    Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:52 PM

All replies

• I cannot really tell how long ACS will be around. Service Bus section of the forum isn't the correct place to ask this question. But from Service Bus's perspective, we have many customers still running on ACS namespaces so we will continue to support ACS for a long while.

Question: Why do you need to implement on ACS auth?

• Marked as answer by Koushik984 Thursday, May 18, 2017 7:10 AM
    Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:52 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, the reason being mainly the SB-Messaging adapter in BizTalk 2013 (Not R2). As our hybrid solutions are now restricted to use ACS, inorder to make decisions on moving to higher version is based on it. I read the thread as well but it is close to 2 years old now. 

You can move this thread to another forum in case this is not the correct place. 

Cheers

Koushik

Thursday, May 18, 2017 7:10 AM