none
Footer in PDF data missing RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to display the "Page total" amount on the footer, After I put Sum(ReportItems!xxx.value) inside footer, it displayed correctly on the Web Report, but when i export to PDF file, that page total value is gone, can anyone give me some suggestion?

The following link has the snapshot for this issue
    http://forums.asp.net/t/1266622.aspx

I also found the similar post on asp.net forum http://forums.asp.net/p/1240032/2399810.aspx#2399810, but there still hasn't got any answer yet.

Can anyone give some suggestion?

Thanks in advance as usual

Vincent

Javafun
    Wednesday, June 4, 2008 6:41 AM

All replies

• Ok, so it looks like your trying to total a value from a table, and then display the sum in the page footer.   I see you've already figured out that if you want something in the footer or header to reference something in the body, then you have  to make it reference a control that exists in the body.

So how many pages is this report of yours ending up as?  The reason I ask because if the control your are referencing doesn't exist on every single page, then the footer won't have anything to display, since the report item you are trying to reference doesn't exist on that page as far as it is concerned.  And hence you get a blank return.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 1:58 PM
  •  Hi Blash2hell

I have done several different testing. For example, when i only have one page records, the footer still doesn't display anything. So I am pretty sure it's not related to how many pages in my report.
    Javafun
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 3:56 AM
  • Hi Javafun,

You can sum all total from table first at page body (e.g. sum(Fields!xxxx.value)), then use ReportItems!xxx.value (Not Sum(ReportItems!xxx.value)) at page footer. That means if you use Sum(ReportItems!xxx.value) at page footer, it should be return empty value because sum function can't do at page header and footer.

In addition,
    What Blast2hell mention just now is correct also, because I faced the problem that trying to reference doesn't exist on that page as far as it is concerned, it also get blank value. But can use Custom Embedded Code to solve this issue.

Thursday, June 5, 2008 9:40 AM
  • Hi Chong,

Thanks for your explanation, although I can use sum the total at the table footer, however because the table I used in my report just displayed each order details inside a List, the list displayed Order information such as Order ID, Order Date, ShipDate. By default the inner table is collapsed and the sum total for each table is just a total for a single order, what I need at least is the report footer should display the total of all orders (what "at least" means not ideal solution, I prefer to display page total on every page and have a total sum on the last page). If the description is not cleard, can you have a look of the link that I mentioned on my first post? I have already put my report definition in that post on asp.net forum.

Can you share some ideas?

Thanks
    Javafun
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 12:46 PM
  • Ok,  how about this, put grouping in,  group on Order ID, and then set pagebreaking at start of each group.  Add a group footer in and in the group footer put your sum(expression), and on the table footer put the same sum(expression).  I really think grouping is the answer to your problem most likely, since it's designed to do what your asking for.
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 1:52 PM
  • Hi Javafun,

I know the problem that you mention, Or you can answer me some question first?

1. Do it show the problem if more than one page?
    2. Let say got three page in report, at first two page it won't show the total, may I right?
    3. Or why don't you can click the option 'repeat the table footer every page at table property', it should be solve your problem, is it you don't want to show the footer at every page?
    4. If you already sum the total at table, how come you sum again the total again? Do you want to group data in number of Order?

If you want to group data in number of page, you can refer to Blast2hell's suggestion, grouping the data

If not, let me make sure is it the problem that I mentioned before? Then I can show how to solve the issue.

Thanks

Friday, June 6, 2008 12:06 AM