none
Camera Calibration for Kinect for Windows v2 SDK RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone;

I have just started using the new Microsoft Kinect for Windows v2 sensor and my experiments require that I perform camera calibration on the device.

So I searched online and I can only find procedures for the old kinect. So I am thinking that I should proceed as follows:

(1) Create a program to get the RGB and the IR data (not the depth data) displayed simultaneously.

(2) Capture the images and perform calibration on an another software such as MATLAB.

Am I following the correct procedure?

Also, is this a case of stereo calibration? Do I need to be storing both images from both cameras simultaneously?

Finally, once I calibrated the camera, should I reload the device with the new settings?

I am so sorry if the questions are confusing, I am just starting off with this and its new to me.

Your help is very well appreciated.

If you have any tips to point me in the right direction, that would be great!

Thanks

Monday, September 1, 2014 5:41 PM

All replies

• Can you share a bit more about what you're trying to achieve with the calibration?

Kinect is not a case of stereo calibration... Depth is measured directly via a Time of Flight mechanism. 

In general, most tasks which would require calibration can be achieved by working with the coordinate mapping APIs.

Chris White _MSFT_

Thursday, October 2, 2014 7:30 AM
  • Is this the only Kinect v2 calibration tool available?

https://github.com/code-iai/iai_kinect2/tree/master/kinect2_calibration

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 7:31 AM