Need two snapped views RRS feed

• Question

• I am doing a windows 8 Metro project and a page has two lists of main interest to the user.

When the app switches to Snapped the app display one of the lists.  Simple enough.  But, if the user wants to see the other list, what do I do?

Essentially I need two snapped views.  The first selected automatically, and the second switched to by the user in order to see the second list.

Although it sound simple I have been on this for more than a day, I have written, thrown away and then rewritten and rolled back.

The solution that had the most promise was a created a second state by copying the first snapped state, and renaming it.  But this wouldn't build.

I tried doing it in code, but it was quite extensive code, and even more extensive to revert when no longer in snapped view.  So, I tossed this as well.

How can I have two snapped views?  One normal and one the user switches to?

I just tried creating an animation, but the animation doesn't work correctly in snapped view, though it does work correctly in all other views.  The one list goes away, but the other doesn't appear in snapped view.

Thanks,

Daniel

• Edited by danielsn Saturday, September 1, 2012 8:11 PM
    Saturday, September 1, 2012 7:38 PM