none
[MS-RDPBCGR].pdf - "Server Set Keyboard Indicators PDU" command never sent by an RDP 8 server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

It seems the "Server Set Keyboard Indicators PDU" command is never sent by a server 2012R2.

To show this, we developped a program which simply set ON/OFF the CAPS LOCK indicator light.

This program works perfectly with any RDP client (Axel thin client or PC running Remote Desktop) connected to a server 2008R2.

But when connected to a server 2012R2 this program can't set the keyboard LEDs. 
    (Actually the CAPS is correctly locked or unlocked because when using textpad, data is in uppercase or lowercase.)

After investigation, the conclusion is the "Server Set Keyboard Indicators PDU" command is not sent by the RDP8 server.

Could you check this and provide a fix if possible?

Regards

Vincent DEDIEU

Friday, April 4, 2014 2:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Vincent. Hope all is well!

Thank you for your question.  An engineer from the protocols team will contact you soon.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team

Friday, April 4, 2014 4:48 PM
  • Hello Vincent,
    I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem. If you have the sample code you are using to set the key state, can send it via e-mail to dochelp at microsoft dot com ?

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open specifications

Friday, April 4, 2014 6:40 PM
  • Hi

Thank you for your reply.

The test program was sent via email this morning.

Regards

Vincent

Monday, April 7, 2014 10:04 AM
  • Hello

Any news about this issue?

I've never received an answer.

Thank you

Vincent

Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:05 AM
  • Hello Vincent,
    You've sent us your test code to reproduce the issue and we've found that this is a NOT an open specifications issue but an implementation one. i.e. product bug. This update was provided to you by e-mail on May 2, 2014. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions on this issue.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla

Thursday, November 19, 2015 5:35 PM
  • Hello

Thank you for the message. I'll check if this is fixed with the last Win2012R2 update.

Regards

Vincent

EDIT: No yet fixed. Tested with an up-to-date Win2012R2. :-(
    • Edited by vincent dedieu Friday, November 20, 2015 2:50 PM more info
    Friday, November 20, 2015 9:33 AM
  • Working with Vincent via e-mail. Sent him an e-mail now. An update will be posted here later.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla

Friday, November 20, 2015 5:16 PM
  • Hey all,

Is this issue happens when using On-Screen Keyboard also ?

Thanks.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 5:44 AM
  • Hello Idan,
    This issue happens when using On-Screen Keyboard as well. As an example, if we turn on the CAPS Lock from the On-Screen Keyboard on the server, that state is not updated on the client side. At present, the workaround is to disconnect once and reconnect again. Do not hesitate to let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open Specifications
    Tuesday, December 15, 2015 3:20 PM
  • UPDATE 1/4/2016

The product group has reviewed this issue and is planning on addressing it post Windows Server 2016. A workaround for this problem is to disconnect the RDP session, reconnect a single time and it will not occur until next reboot.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open Specifications
    Monday, January 4, 2016 10:15 PM
  • Hi

Any update about this issue?
    It's regularly reported by our customers and we have no solution to offer.

Regards

Vincent

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 1:38 PM
  • Hello Vincent, I believe this issue is fixed in Fall Creator's update and also the next update for Windows Server 2016 "RS3". These should be available in the near term.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:38 AM